Wrangler outdoor pants

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Dang I better hit up my walmart and target to see if they have any on sale. Definitely curious to see if the target ones appear to be nicer. I beat the crap out of my walmart version shed hunting the midwest. Only a few snags. Kuiu attacks would've been completely shredded. They don't have as much stretch as EB pants and I miss the 4 way stretch that Kuiu's have. But I'll definitely be buying more as needed. I do prefer EB pants over the wrangler's if I can find them on sale for within $10 of the wrangler's price.

OP
S

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
I'm starting to have some seam sepperation on a pair I hike in daily after a month or so. 3 to 4 miles a day. And I'm just going to stich it back up.

Best thing I've found in a while.

ndkei

FNG
I recently ran into these pants at the local farm super store in Iowa, Mills Fleet Farm. I bought a pair for $40, because they felt just as good as my Sitka Ascent pants. After getting home, I did a quick search that led me here to RokSlide. It’s seems many guys are buying them for $20-25 a pair at Walmart. Tonight I stopped at Walmart to check out their collection.

I noticed a huge difference between the pair I have and the Walmart selection. I saw it mentioned either in this thread or another that the Walmart selection seemed to be only 2 way stretch, my Fleet Farm pair are certainly 4 way stretch and also much softer.

I didn’t end buying the Walmart pair, I just noticed a huge in quality over all.

These pants are amazing. I imagine anytime I walk in Fleet Farm, I’ll be leaving with a pair.

I figured I would give everyone a heads up, just in case they have a farm store around.

I also endorse these. They hold up well to everything but briars- mine look like velcro where the chaps stop. But that's just a problem with nylon, not these.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
I recently ran into these pants at the local farm super store in Iowa, Mills Fleet Farm. I bought a pair for $40, because they felt just as good as my Sitka Ascent pants. After getting home, I did a quick search that led me here to RokSlide. It’s seems many guys are buying them for $20-25 a pair at Walmart. Tonight I stopped at Walmart to check out their collection.

I noticed a huge difference between the pair I have and the Walmart selection. I saw it mentioned either in this thread or another that the Walmart selection seemed to be only 2 way stretch, my Fleet Farm pair are certainly 4 way stretch and also much softer.

I didn’t end buying the Walmart pair, I just noticed a huge in quality over all.

These pants are amazing. I imagine anytime I walk in Fleet Farm, I’ll be leaving with a pair.

I figured I would give everyone a heads up, just in case they have a farm store around.

I swung through the Ankeny Fleet Farm to check out their version. They're certainly a big upgrade from the Walmart version, but the ones I found sure didn't seem to be 4-way stretch though. However they did have a lot more 2-way stretch than the Walmart version. The Fleet Farm version appears to be the "Men's Outdoor Quick Dry Utility Pant", and the Walmart version is the "Flex Waist Outdoor Cargo Pant" from Wrangler's website: https://www.wrangler.com/go/outdoor-pants

Usi05

WKR
Very helpful info guys.

I will have to get a $40 pair for mountain hunting and continue to rock the Walmart ones for training, camping and fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndkei

FNG
You are correct, I mistook the extra 2 way stretch for 4 way stretch. Much nicer pants than the Walmart version.

How’s the fit? True to size? I see on the wrangler site that they have thought about making a pair with a 33” waist but searching online turns up nothing. Any chance they run big or small?
Know this is a old thread but wear 36 in Levi and have to wear a belt, ordered the 34s and they for me were way too small. Nice thing is, drop the two 34 pair off at Wallyworld customer service and ordered 2 more pair in 36/32. Easy! Also picked up Kuhl pants, side zips, stretch at Franks Great Outdoors in Linwood on clearance. I really like them and 1/3 the price of the attacks I was lusting for. Looking for more of those KUHL pants now

ethan

WKR
I love them. I own three pair of prana zions as well as Sitka and have used kuiu but I like the way the wrangler fit better. The quality isn’t quite as good, but fir the money, it’s a non issue for me

snakelk

WKR
I endorse these pants as well. Love them, especially for the price. I have 4 pairs and they've held up very well. Very comfortable, don't need to wear a belt due to the stretch waistband, and fit me well (5'8, 165) in a 30x32.

Looking through this thread I see several variations of pants mentioned. These are the one's I'm referring to:

mtguy

FNG
I endorse these pants as well. Love them, especially for the price. I have 4 pairs and they've held up very well. Very comfortable, don't need to wear a belt due to the stretch waistband, and fit me well (5'8, 165) in a 30x32.

Looking through this thread I see several variations of pants mentioned. These are the one's I'm referring to:
Good Price on them also.

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider

Just grabbed the same pair today! I am also 5'8" and about 165lbs, but went with the 32x32's to be safe. I can wear them without a belt around the house, but would throw a belt on if I did something active.

Has anyone purchased the ones from Target?

Both say 5 pockets and are $27, but I only see 4 pockets on the pants in the second link. I also cant quite match them up to any on Wranglers website based on the pictures. 1% more spandex than the outdoor zip cargo pants from walmart as well.