Wrangler pants

Nick13

FNG
So is anybody wearing solid colors for archery elk, I'm considering wearing the wrangler outdoors pants for my upcoming hunt. They are light flexible and extremely comfortable. I wore them turkey hunting this year and had success while wearing solid green pants and a Max 1 shirt. I figure if I can fool a turkey's eyes I can fool an elk's.

matthewmt

WKR
Overall they're nice britches I just don't like the fit personally.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
N

Nick13

FNG
Overall they're nice britches I just don't like the fit personally.

yeah the guys at the fire house pick on me when I roll in with the on "oh here he comes with the skinny jeans on" lol

bbell

WKR
I like them as well. I have no doubt they will work well. And if they don’t last as long they are only $20 or so. Also I have been using mostly solids for the last hand full of years and have zero issue getting close. Finishing the deal is a different story though😒

IdahoHntr

WKR
I'm wearing gray wrangler pants in my profile picture on here. That bull didn't seem to notice. I go solid colors all the time in my hunting clothes so that I can wear them to work and such as well.

They’re a great pant IMO. I’m not into skinny jeans but like slim fit and it’s basically perfect to me. Maybe cut just a little slim but NBD. I spent most of my years hunting in blue jeans and a fannel. For performance and drying the Wranglers are great but I don’t look like my grandpa which is a downside.

j33

WKR
They fit like cowboy cut jeans. Mine are fairly new still but I find them a little too loud vs my Eddie Bauer Guide pants. I use them around the yard right now as they a thicker and better protection than guide pants.

Here’s my colour I ordered not too dark or light ”Weimaraner Brown” is the colour

b09feafa7d251f5afb76486022822286.jpg

AgentVenom

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely love them for everything but winter. I own 9 pairs even have a pair of the camouflage ones they made briefly (wish they brought them back). I like the grey green color the best. But I also have them in black, grey, two different tans and the mentioned camo. I’ve worn them from the office to South African Bush. Best pants under $80 I’ve ever had.
The Grey Green ones blend in great in the North East for me. Hunting I’m usually in the camo but have the grey green ones in the pack.

Last edited:

matthewmt

WKR
yeah the guys at the fire house pick on me when I roll in with the on "oh here he comes with the skinny jeans on" lol
I dont mind the slimmer cut in the legs but to me the crotch is shallow so when you pull them up to the waist they're all in the butt.

One of the first pairs I bought were cut different tho it seems, when they added the green and camo colors the fit changed.

Rob5589

WKR
Doubtful it really matters. I seem to shoot at most stuff off my knees so camo pants likely make little to no difference.

Do those Wranglers fit true to size?

Sammymusi

WKR
I have 5 pairs for my montana trip! They were on sale at a local Walmart a few months back for 9 bucks a pair !

Crusader

WKR
I'm like AgentVenom, I have about 6 pairs and wear them for everything from elk or antelope hunting to working in the office. Incredibly versatile and comfortable and CHEAP! I have all the colors.

PMcGee

WKR
I wanted to like these pants but the fit is horrible to me. Way to slim. I’ll stick to the zions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Elkhntr08

WKR
I like the stupid things even though I didn’t want to. The fit isn’t like my Wrangler jeans, got used to them pretty quick. Like the stretch and the light fabric. For around $22 at Walmart, how can you go wrong!

OP
N

Nick13

FNG
Doubtful it really matters. I seem to shoot at most stuff off my knees so camo pants likely make little to no difference.

Do those Wranglers fit true to size?
Yes and I’m a large guy, I’ve lost 150 pounds and but my legs are huge they’re still comfortable

keller

WKR
I like the older ones better the new one's are like skinny jeans. But that's all I wear havnt worn jeans in a long time

I love these. I have the tan and the camo. I plan to order a grey pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agross

WKR
I like the older ones better the new one's are like skinny jeans. But that's all I wear havnt worn jeans in a long time
Agree 100 percent. My older pairs are roomier. I literally wear em every day. Work or play. So much more comfortable than jeans.