Wrangler pants

I read about them here and I really like them as well. The fit does seem snug at first but after you wear them for a while they seem to stretch out. I have an insulated pair and two uninsulated. I wear 36 x 32 jeans but had to go to a 38 x 32 in these pants for more legroom 👍🏻

AgentVenom

Lil-Rokslider
I’m usually right on the cusp between 34 and 36 with 34 length. They run slightly snug and a tad long so 36x32 fit like they were made for me.

Good cheap pants. Had 2 pairs make it through a whole season along with daily use. I’m tough on pants, but I thought they were a good value.

I personally wouldn't hunt in jeans just because I don't find them comfortable for that level of activity.

I'm a cinch or carhartt jean guy, they fit well but are not at all water resistant or breathable!

Poser

WKR
I have a pair of these and they fit me well, but only wear them casually. Something about them “feels” cheap. Also, everytime I put them in, I can’t help but think of those high school football coach, polyester pants. (Why were those a thing?)

HankNM

Lil-Rokslider
I have a bunch of old green Wranglers. The ex called me Mr' Greenjeans. The Job.
I wear original Wranglers still,but never hunting. Same with Duluth flex fit firehose pants. Nice pants,but not for hunting.
Too much noise & cotton sucks... I hate clothes noise.

Fatcamp

WKR
Agree 100 percent. My older pairs are roomier. I literally wear em every day. Work or play. So much more comfortable than jeans.

All I have left in the older ones are black. Took years to wear the other ones out. The new ones fit is soyboy and they don't seem to wear as well.

FLAK

WKR
I have a pair of the Wranglers and wear them when the weather is relatively cool.
But Poly SUX in hot, humid weather.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
I personally wouldn't hunt in jeans just because I don't find them comfortable for that level of activity.

I'm a cinch or carhartt jean guy, they fit well but are not at all water resistant or breathable!
The wrangler outdoor pant are not Jean's, they are lightweight nylon pants with some stretch. For the money cant beat en in my opinion. I haven't been able to bring myself to buy any of the lightweight pants from the hunting companies at $100 + because of these pants.

bozeman

WKR
I have 5 pair, all diff colors. Wear day in/day out. I do have a pair of REI scrabble(?) pants that I like better I found on sale for $35, but these Wrangler pants are def a good buy and I turkey hunt, deer hunt and coyote hunt in them all the time.

I have 3 pair also. I like the fit and stretch to them a lot. I can’t comment on durability in rocky terrain but around the Missouri and Illinois woods they are great. Best part is the price, so if they last a few seasons still a better deal than Prana, and WAY better than KUIU and Sitka etc for equivalent styles (no knee pads).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoHntr

WKR
For those who don’t like the fit or think they fit like skinny jeans, there are multiple versions of the wrangler outdoor pants and they still make the baggier version. It’s possible your getting the version that are supposed to fit skinny. You just have to make sure your getting the version you like. Just bought some of the roomier version the other day at Walmart. I’m not too much into the tight fit myself. My Pranas are definitely more of a skinny jean fit than the wranglers.

Just thought, for the price, they might be worth a second look for some guys who’ve written them off being too tight.

Fatcamp

WKR
The model I initially bought is no longer made. Plenty of room and tough as nails. The ones I have bought since are less durable and have a skinny fit. I'll check Walmart today and see what they have.

Rokwiia

WKR
Several years ago, I almost bought a pair of Sitka Ascent pants for $189. They fit beautifully, were comfortable, and were in subalpine camo. The perfect pair of outdoor pants. I had always discounted the trumpeting by people who liked their Wrangler hiking pants. How can a $20 pair offer the same quality as something nearly 10 times the cost?

I'm now a believer and have a number of pairs of the Flex Waist Outdoor cargo pant. They stretch laterally and horizontally (four-way stretch) and have been rugged enough to do all the bushwhacking I ask of them. The knees are not articulated as the Sitka Ascent but they are fine.

Everyone is different but I've decided that saving $180 (sales tax included) for each pair of pants allows me to spend it on other gear where it will make a difference. YMMV

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
As far as durability go, the first pair i bought have had about a 1cm tear from barbwire that happened not long after I got them. They are now going on 3 years of wearing ~ once a week and multiple hunts and the tear has not gotten any bigger, I feel like the just get softer, quiter, and more comfortable with wear.

I wear these ever day. Have found none similar that I like better. Attacks are my hunting pants, these are my everyday.