Wrangler pants

2britts

FNG
I found out about the Outdoor pants on here awhile back when I was researching gear for an elk trip. I now have 4 pairs, two regular and two of the fleece lined. I'm skinny, run a 30x34 jean and the newer versions fit better as they cut the length a bit longer, they only offer them in 30x32. The lined pants are great working outside in winter, warm but not hot and heavy. I'm wearing the regular ones right now. A tan pair I wear for work is holding up fine other than a couple grease stains but they do tend to wash out ok. Plan on buying more but they never have the moss color in my size locally. Hoping to hit them on clearance somewhere, I paid $5 for the first pair that were lined.

I have some the problem with them is the pockets are too short and they are made for skinny people. I would wear them if they fit correctly for me the pranas fit better

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
I have several of the wrangler pants that I wear daily and for $20 I am very happy with having bought them. Wore a tan pair exclusively on an archery antelope hunt a couple years ago over the camo pants I packed. They held up well while stalking and the antelope didnt seem to mind.

Fb
I have bought these pants from Walmart’s website previously, but I can only find the big & tall version on the website now. Are you finding them in the store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ill have to take a peak next time I’m by Walmart. I haven’t checked since last fall. Hopefully they aren’t discontinued.

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
On the shelf at Walmart, but here in the Midwest they are seasonal. They clearance them in the spring and bring them back closer to fall. Finding them Ins the summer has been nearly impossible.

Also some of you may be interested... they have shorts of the same material (also at Walmart). Different pocket configuration than the pants and I wish they were slightly longer but the same stretchy comfort. I have been wearing them pretty much daily for weeks and just as happy with them as I am the pants.

Ralphie

WKR
Our Walmart’s are the same here. Wyoming. Shorts right now, close to fall the pants come back.

Hondo

WKR
There have been many variations of the Wrangler Outdoor and ATG pants. I have had several versions and have found the ATG™ by Wrangler® Men's Synthetic Utility Pant that retails for $39 to be the best of the current styles I have sampled. It is not the version sold at Walmart stores but can be found discounted through Wrangler, Amazon and other retailers. Pretty good value at $30-$35 shipped IMO but I tend to favor the Prana Stretch Zions that can occasionally be had for not much more.

I like the way the Wranglers fit but I find the pocket integrity and fabric toughness to be substandard but acceptable given the price point. My primary issue with the Wranglers is when worn for extended time they tend to stretch out and stay that way to the point of being loose. I don't experience that to the same degree with the Prana Zion and certainly not with any stretchable fabric pants I've worn from First Lite, Kuiu or Sitka. I wash my outdoor gear with a cold active wash setting and dry on low heat so I doubt it has anything to do with my care practices.

Steelhead

FNG
My primary issue with the Wranglers is when worn for extended time they tend to stretch out and stay that way to the point of being loose. I don't experience that to the same degree with the Prana Zion and certainly not with any stretchable fabric pants I've worn from First Lite, Kuiu or Sitka. I wash my outdoor gear with a cold active wash setting and dry on low heat so I doubt it has anything to do with my care practices.
I have the same issue, I really really wanted to stick with the Wrangler's but I find myself buying a couple pair before each season since the previous season's pair are super loose and baggy. They fit great off the shelf and feel solid but after maybe a half dozen wears/washes they start loosening up. I also wash in cold/gentle. The Wrangler's have been my daily wearing pants for the past few years but I'm tired of dealing with the issue. Going forward I'm biting the bullet for the Prana's. I recently bought my first pair and put some miles on them scouting etc, and don't notice any changes in fit.

Anyone having trouble locating these wranglers? Walmart and target seem to be sold fresh out. 32x32 in case anyone wants to keep they're secret stash hidden. ;)

AgentVenom

Lil-Rokslider
Those are them. Yeah the camo is a bit off like some sort of BDU/ Muliti Cam Hybrid. But the “black” portion is more of a dark grey so it has grown on me over time. It blends decent and breaks up your profile good enough but not on the scale of a Kryptek, MarPat, ASAT, or Multicam (which are my favorites in descending order)

Those are them. Yeah the camo is a bit off like some sort of BDU/ Muliti Cam Hybrid. But the “black” portion is more of a dark grey so it has grown on me over time. It blends decent and breaks up your profile good enough but not on the scale of a Kryptek, MarPat, ASAT, or Multicam (which are my favorites in descending order)

Cool I picked up a pair. I kind of like the funky camo!

Cody06

WKR
Rear end is pulling after sitting on a log for a few hours to split wood. Otherwise best bang for your buck for an every day pant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk