Wrist Release that wont break the bank

I have been shooting a thumb release the last 6-8 years and I have decided to switch back to a wrist style release. Im looking at either a scott or TRU Ball release and I see there are lots of options. Are the ones that utilize a rope or strap to secure the release to the wrist strap reliable or should I stick with a traditional style? Any opinions and options would be greatly appreciated.

Zac

WKR
You want something with a sear system. The Truball Beast models fit that bill, they also use the swept back trigger as well. If you like more of a straight trigger the Carter Like Mike is hard to beat. You can really crank the poundage up on that one. Scott makes a stiff release as well called the Rhino. Stan has a really cool one with a Sear and a half technology. The new Trufire Thrufire also looks really cool. Your going to spend about 150 for all of these except the Truball Beast, they run around 100. The TruFire Hardcore is also a reliable 100 dollar option.

Yooper

WKR
Been a huge fan of my Tru Ball Fang wrist release over the last few years. Swept or straight trigger. Adjustable weight. I've got zero complaints.

Reactions: ZDR

Felix40

WKR
Ive had a cobra mamba with the webbing attachment for a little over 10 years with no issues. I would say they are as reliable as anything and pretty convenient to tuck back out of the way.

With just a quick look there are a lot of options around $70 that get great reviews. I cant see spending much more than that.

OP
R
Ive had a cobra mamba with the webbing attachment for a little over 10 years with no issues. I would say they are as reliable as anything and pretty convenient to tuck back out of the way.

With just a quick look there are a lot of options around $70 that get great reviews. I cant see spending much more than that.
Im with ya and thats right at my price point.

I have been shooting a thumb release the last 6-8 years and I have decided to switch back to a wrist style release. Im looking at either a scott or TRU Ball release and I see there are lots of options. Are the ones that utilize a rope or strap to secure the release to the wrist strap reliable or should I stick with a traditional style? Any opinions and options would be greatly appreciated.
Second here for Spot Hogg Wise Guy, I just picked mine up after a couple trips to the archery range here and talking to alot of people and then testing it out a bit. I'm still looking to upgrade my bow BUT I did get it to shoot my current bow. We will see how it shoots but just in testing here with practice drawing it is pretty sweet.

Will follow up when I get home if it isn't too cold (-20s when I left but up to -16* currently). I'm pretty excited which is good. My last release failed and after punching myself in the face a couple times I quit shooting for a bit.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Spot Hogg Wise Guy. I liked the version with the nylon strap connection, but it is also available with a bar.

I went from a Beast to it last year and it was great. It took a bit for me the break in the leather, but it fires really nice. It is also small and compact and I will be carried in my pack as a backup to a thumb release this season.

I didn't carry two releases last season as I was confident in it not breaking, but I am a bit worried about losing the thumb release on multi-day BC hunts.

86indy

Lil-Rokslider
Scott Little Goose for me, I’ve hunted with the same one for three years, zero issues, lots of critters
Shot 7 releases at a shop and this was the bees knees for me. I'd recommend shooting a bunch if a shop will let you.

Any B3 model would serve you well.
I got the B3 Hawk a while back. I was pretty excited about it from just what I seen and read. Pretty disappointed now that I have it. If you like a heavy trigger, this is the release you need. It’s way too heavy for me. I’ve tried both springs and all the adjustments. It’s just too heavy. I had a Scott Little Goose previously and I had it set extremely light and considered it perfect for me.