Wrist rocket alternative ?

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone looking for some non bias opinions
I’ve been running a wrist rocket since before the dawn of time. On a good day hunting I’m pretty solid out to 60 yards. Been running a bow just as long as I can remember. The gears in the guts of my wrist rocket are getting a little sticky and I’ve cleaned it all up. However, I see the advancements and reviews in the thumb releases or a back tension, and can’t help but wonder what the new fandangled shot improving gizmo is. I don’t really wanna be switching. Old and bold I guess stuck in my ways but would love to explore the idea of improvements.
All thoughts welcome.

Stitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
I find it hard to believe no one responded to this post but i made the switch about a month or so ago and I love my thumb release. I feel like my anchor point is more solid and I am able to be more consistent. I am also a newb and have only been shooting for about 10 months or so so my experience is limited. I was able to shoot a back tension and thumb style and liked the thumb style more but that is just me.

Hey everyone looking for some non bias opinions
I’ve been running a wrist rocket since before the dawn of time. On a good day hunting I’m pretty solid out to 60 yards. Been running a bow just as long as I can remember. The gears in the guts of my wrist rocket are getting a little sticky and I’ve cleaned it all up. However, I see the advancements and reviews in the thumb releases or a back tension, and can’t help but wonder what the new fandangled shot improving gizmo is. I don’t really wanna be switching. Old and bold I guess stuck in my ways but would love to explore the idea of improvements.
All thoughts welcome.

Stitch

have you seen the new trufire thrufire? it was released at the ATA show, look it up on youtube…. seems like a pretty cool release

loopmtz

Lil-Rokslider
As a member of the Alpha crew my advice would be to borrow a thumb release and a hinge and practice with them until you decide to make a change or not. Most releases aren't cheap and this gives you an idea before dropping bank on a new release.

Personally, I hunt with a thumb but after hunting season I use my hinge to clean up the bad habits we all seem to accrue during hunting... Also, I believe Phil M. has a video on Youtube covering releases!

Hope that helps!

jmez

WKR
I also hunt with a thumb and then use a hinge in the off season.

I used a wrist release for years and finally switched about 5 years ago. I'll never go back to the index finger style. My anchor is much more solid and repeatable. I feel like my shots break a lot cleaner as well.

If you use them correctly they should help your shooting. Don't kid yourself though you can still punch them!!

The best place to try some out is a local target range. Just ask some guys if you can shoot them. Of course that's out for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Phil Mendoza

Super Moderator
Sorry for the delay with responses here, no other excuses. Lots of great options on the market right now. One of the benefits most commonly talked about when switching from a index finger style of release to a thumb button, hinge or tension release is the repeatability of the anchor. Being able to settle your jaw between your first 2 knuckles is hard to beat.
As far as what brand and style you choose is about as easy to figure out as how to eliminate the national debt problem. Best bet would be to get to a pro shop with lots of options and try them out.
Good luck and sorry for the delay

NW307

Lil-Rokslider
Man, I came here thinking we were going to be talking about slingshots haha

OP
stitchesdraw

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Update :)
Been running the carter wise choice since around christmas time now. I shoot at least 500 arrows a week. Corona free outdoor country land all around me lol. I have to say I have noticed quite a difference.

More Consistent anchor point- metal doesn’t stretch
Better pull through.
Being able to clip it to my dloop is fantastic
Easier use while wearing gloves without having to adjust a strap
Replicating the sequence is about as easy as pie

I do indeed still see how it could be punched.
However if you just focus on the float and keep the elbow moving back the torque or twist from a trigger
Seems nearly completely eliminated.

I can only imagine that a tension would be more effective element of surprise

Love this link guys and thanks everyone for the inputs.

The trusty tru fire might be up for sale lol