Wrist rocket alternative ?

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone looking for some non bias opinions
I’ve been running a wrist rocket since before the dawn of time. On a good day hunting I’m pretty solid out to 60 yards. Been running a bow just as long as I can remember. The gears in the guts of my wrist rocket are getting a little sticky and I’ve cleaned it all up. However, I see the advancements and reviews in the thumb releases or a back tension, and can’t help but wonder what the new fandangled shot improving gizmo is. I don’t really wanna be switching. Old and bold I guess stuck in my ways but would love to explore the idea of improvements.
All thoughts welcome.

Stitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
I shoot a Carter simple 1 thumb activated related. I like it a lot better than the wrist strap releases I used to use. It’s never in my way. Even the fold back style would still get in my way sometimes.

A lot of guys stick with a wrist strap because it’s stuck to you so hard to lose or drop. I always carry two identical releases with me, but I’ve never needed the back up.

For what it’s worth, you can punch the snot of any release. Including hinges and back tension releases. It’s also getting pretty close to hunting season to be making switches in my opinion, but that’s up to you.

OP
stitchesdraw

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
MaD Canadian skills bahahhahaa
You guys are hilarious.
Assassin !! NOT lol

Brendan

WKR
Here's my opinion.

I ponied up the cash for all three of the Nock On / Carter hand held releases.

Thumb button for when I want a trigger, hinge and tension releases for practice. Same form factor means same anchor. And for me, I can actually still go back to a wrist rocket (Carter RX1 or Hamskea Drop Tine) without needing to make adjustments.

Biggest downside is $$$.

Your mileage may vary...
0b19e76533428c4b20ad32f9e01353a0.jpg

WKR
Shoot back tension with an index trigger. Best of both worlds.

The bigger question is whether or not humanity will ever comprehend that back tension is a technique for firing a release and not a type of release. I'm losing hope on this one.

Iamjigs

FNG
Shoot back tension with an index trigger. Best of both worlds.

The bigger question is whether or not humanity will ever comprehend that back tension is a technique for firing a release and not a type of release. I'm losing hope on this one.
Agreed... my old man instilled that in me from the beginning. Pull through the shot, no matter what type of release you are using.

Can't go wrong with the NockOn / Carter releases!

Ph&s3

FNG
I clicked on it cuz I couldn't figure out what you were using a slingshot for

Randle

WKR
I was thinking it was a slingshot for limb chickens. 60 yards wow . then the gear thing thru me. new fangled gear driven whiz bang .

trslabaugh

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat as you. Got notification that Dudley got more Mini Silverbacks in so I ordered one up. I shot my buddies today and even with it being set too strong for my setup, it opened my eyes!

Mtrain

FNG
Maybe look at one of the series of releases that use the same body with different options for the release mechanism like the nock on releases or Stan perfex platforms. Then you can switch between without having to change your set up.

MTSabo

WKR
I had a tough time going from the index release to a carter wise choice. Ended up shooting my release downrange on 3 different occasions. I like it now but i dont know how much better it is. I still do more of a command style release like Tim Gillingham. I dont need to be surprised when my arrow goes off. If i have to pick a shot on a live and moving animal i want the arrow sent when i say, not as a surprise.

OP
stitchesdraw

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Wise choice acquired guys !!
Wow. How sweet is this thing
Just set the pin
Set the tension and pull through
Dam !!! Zero movement or flinching on the shot.
So far so good. 4 months till spring bear lol.

Stalker69

WKR
Is it just me or did anyone else think we were talking about sling shots for a while ? lol

yep, exactly why I opened it. I wish I could find one of the original “ clear blue “ handle ones.
Op, check out the releases by stanislawski and carter , they will amaze you ! Ops, guess I should have read them all, see you found one. And yes they are amazing aren’t they !