Wrong choke tube?!?!?

280Ackley

WKR
Trying to get my 28ga ready for turkey season. Bought some Carlsons extended choke tubes. Ordered them as Invector and they shipped Invector plus but the part numbers match the original order. They also thread in just fine but they seem to not be right. What do you shotguns expert think??

14D16C99-1F0E-4F44-8C7F-3E94FB8DB57C.jpeg

DB082F73-A24D-4A0C-8645-834352DD25E1.jpeg

I'd call Carlson's. I don't believe them to be interchangeable but I've been wrong before. Might just be a screw up on their end with part numbers and such.

boom

WKR
I was told my shotgun can only use Invector. Not iInvector plus.
I asked a Browning guy. I inherited the guns, so I don’t know jack.

I have a few Browning 12 gauges. The Invectors are older and shorter. The Invector Plus are newer and longer backbored. Then there is the Invector DS which is the latest.

None of these are interchangeable. Even though the Invector Plus may screw into the Invector threads it will be sticking out too far and part of the choke will be unsupported in a way it was not designed. I would be very concerned about shooting that... but I'm no expert

OP
280Ackley

280Ackley

WKR
I have a few Browning 12 gauges. The Invectors are older and shorter. The Invector Plus are newer and longer backbored. Then there is the Invector DS which is the latest.

None of these are interchangeable. Even though the Invector Plus may screw into the Invector threads it will be sticking out too far and part of the choke will be unsupported in a way it was not designed. I would be very concerned about shooting that... but I'm no expert
This is exactly what I thought too. Just wanted make sure I was on the right page before sending these back.