wrong forum please delete

Pgohil

WKR
I am ready to start reloading. I've been kicking around the idea for several years but now I have decided I am completely committed to doing it over the winter and coming spring.

I plan to reload for precision as my number one reasoning. I will be reloading 44 Magnum, 6.5 creedmoor, 308, 243, 223, and 300blk. Not in that order, nor all at once.
I've been saving my brass for years so that's not a problem. I have a Lyman reloading manual and have read through it some, and understand the information provided .

I want to buy once/cry once. For my press and accessories, however I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff I don't need.
Originally I was set on a progressive press, for speed as I do like to shoot a lot of 45, 38 special and . 223 in volume. However the precision that I want for my rifle rounds outweigh that. I next decided on a turent press. Once again my desire for precision has kick that out. So now I'm back to a single stage. I'd like to have everyone's recommendations about which press, and also things I may need that I have not listed below.

Needed:

Tumbler
Media
Case trimmer
Deburring/chamfer tool
Priming tool
Primer pocket uniforming tool
Case lube
Press
Shell plate
Powder measurer /station
Dies
Hornady oal guage
comparator (caliber specific
Precision scale)
Precise caliper set

Thanks all!!!

PGohil
WV

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tumbler - Dillon Large with Squirrel Cage. Wet tumble if you want really shiny.

Media - Harbor Freight for walnut media, local pet supply for corncob. Get the finest size that won’t stick in your primer pockets.

Case trimmer - touchy subject but for volume precision Giraud. Wilson for dialing batches at a time. Dillon if doing a 5 gallon bucket of mixed brass.

Deburring/chamfer tool - not needed for giraud. Drill mountable for everything else unless you enjoy arthritis.

Priming tool - RCBS bench primer. Utilize a Dillon primer pickup plate. Lemon squeeze primers if you like arthritis. Otherwise, a progressive press for bulk.

Primer pocket uniforming tool - doesn’t matter that much.

Case lube - debatable. make your own from alcohol and lanolin and put it in a spray bottle. Otherwise Dillon or Frankfurt. Roll pads will drive you mad from boredom.

Press - RCBS Rockchucker with an In-line Fabrication mount and case ejector system. Dillon for bulk.

Shell plate - doesn’t really matter. Group your shell holders with your dies though.

Powder measurer /station - Speed any manual charge dispenser. Good enough precision and speed, RCBS charge master. Counting every kernel - sky is the limit.

Dies - bulk stuff Lee 4 die sets, Redding for precision. Replace all nuts with Hornady Sure-Loc’s

Hornady oal guage - just use a caliper to get close. Feel the bullet just touch the lands and then back off a few on an empty brass. If fed from mag just a few away from max mag length and not jamming into lands.

comparator (caliber specific) - RCBS Precision Mic for averaging shoulders and bumping back a few thou.

Precision scale - the sky’s the limit.

Precise caliper set - Harbor Freight for rough. Not needed if using RCBS precision Mic.