WSA21-01 Board Meeting (Units 23 and 26A caribou and moose)

OP
R

RK08

FNG
Was anyone able to call into this board meeting and provide an update? I got pulled away at work and was not able to. It doesn't look like their site has meeting notes.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

tbenusa

FNG
Yes, I listened. They unanimously passed the proposal with modifications. The closures are for Aug- Sept of this season and next for non qualified hunters in the following areas:
  1. All of Noatak National Wilderness in GMU 23
  2. BLM lands between Noatak and Kuybuk(sp?) Rivers in GMU 23
  3. Nigu river basin in GMU 26A
We have a hunt scheduled out of Koztebue for this fall and we're waiting to hear an update from the transporter. I suspect many people have hunts booked for this season or next and don't even know that this just happened.

OP
R

RK08

FNG
Yes, I listened. They unanimously passed the proposal with modifications. The closures are for Aug- Sept of this season and next for non qualified hunters in the following areas:
  1. All of Noatak National Wilderness in GMU 23
  2. BLM lands between Noatak and Kuybuk(sp?) Rivers in GMU 23
  3. Nigu river basin in GMU 26A
We have a hunt scheduled out of Koztebue for this fall and we're waiting to hear an update from the transporter. I suspect many people have hunts booked for this season or next and don't even know that this just happened.
Thanks for the reply, there is a good thread listed above that was pointed out to me as well. We have a hunt out of Kotz in Aug of 2023 so I'm curious to what game plan the transporters have as there is still state ground to hunt as well as unit 26a. I emailed them but I'm sure they got a wave of calls and emails yesterday. Let me know what you hear from your transporter, it would be good information to compare. Thanks again!

tbenusa

FNG
Thanks for the reply, there is a good thread listed above that was pointed out to me as well. We have a hunt out of Kotz in Aug of 2023 so I'm curious to what game plan the transporters have as there is still state ground to hunt as well as unit 26a. I emailed them but I'm sure they got a wave of calls and emails yesterday. Let me know what you hear from your transporter, it would be good information to compare. Thanks again!
For some reason that link doesn't work for me