WTB WTB 30 caliber bullets/elk bullet recommendations

Finbob

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for an elk bullet. Will be working up 300 weatherby loads in the next few weeks. Won’t be taking shots further than 400. What have y’all found to have the best terminal performance on elk-sized critters in the 50-400 yard range?

I’m looking to purchase 180-200 grain accubonds, partitions, scirocco 2s to start off with. Does anyone have any for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulcobb

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I know they aren’t on your list.. but I’ve been very impressed with berger 215’s on elk. I was a skeptic for years. After watching multiple 1 shot kills from my hunting partner I made the jump and have only had great results. Ranges have been 75-600 yards and haven’t had a single issue. also very accurate and easy to load for.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Are these of interest to you?

d7dcdc929a4a972da3b07f54af07793e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 200 grain Nosler partition works for North American game to the largest African plains game in my .300’s. Should be available with some searching and patience. Several friends have used the 200 grain Accubonds extensively on major hunts with great results, I just have not used the Accubonds personally.

OP
F

Finbob

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the help everyone! I may end up pivoting and putting the weatherby on the shelf for a while and focusing on a different gun.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Don't shoot all copper bullets, they wear a barrel out three times faster than jacketed bullets

I have heard some negative things about "all copper bullets". I haven't seen anything anywhere (other than right here-right now) saying that they wear a barrel out faster, much less three times faster than jacketed bullets. Can you link something showing what you say is true??

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
While I like and use Nosler Accubonds and Partitions, I have also shot a large bull moose with Hornady Interlocks..just a cup and core bullet, with fine results in 180gr out of a 300 Win mag at max velocity. Even at 50 yards, while one went right through broadside I managed to recover the other under the offside hide with a 59% weight retention. Didnt need the second shot...but I wanted to keep him right there.

stevevan

WKR
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
While I like and use Nosler Accubonds and Partitions, I have also shot a large bull moose with Hornady Interlocks..just a cup and core bullet, with fine results in 180gr out of a 300 Win mag at max velocity. Even at 50 yards, while one went right through broadside I managed to recover the other under the offside hide with a 59% weight retention. Didnt need the second shot...but I wanted to keep him right there.
Used most of what you mention for elk. They all work but lately I've become a big fan of Hammer. You can purchase a sample size of 15 to try. I'm betting you'll like 'em too.