WTB bear skull

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
How big are you looking for? I have 3 skulls in my freezer, 1 small black bear, 1 medium black bear, 1 Pope and Young Grizzly. None of them are cleaned but that can be fixed in short order.

Daniel_M

WKR
How big are you looking for? I have 3 skulls in my freezer, 1 small black bear, 1 medium black bear, 1 Pope and Young Grizzly. None of them are cleaned but that can be fixed in short order.

Careful on the grizz, only under certain conditions can it be sold per ADFG regs. Just an FYI.

Daniel_M

WKR
Kinda spaced that out, thank you for the reminder.

Black bear are legal. Grizzly must be killed under predator control specs OR killed in a unit with a regulatory limit of (2). Both need to be sealed, ADFG will issue a permit to sell.

Just throwing that out there, dont want to see anyone catch fire!

KJH

WKR
It depends on your particular state if selling a bear or bear parts is illegal. Couple years ago I was selling a finished rug on a friends sale and was notified by the authorities that it is illegal to sell any parts of a black bear in my state... regardless if its a finished rug. He was also nice enough to tell me that I could drive 30 minutes across states lines and sell in that state without doing anything illegal. He also said the reason for the law was so that there wasn't a market for gall bladders, and that limiting the sale of a rug or skull wasn't the intent but the law was written as "bear parts". We don't even have bears in my state... Check you state laws.

No idea if this site is accurate, but I came across it back then when I was scratching my head going WTF... I can't sell a finished bear rug when I have 8 others that I can't enjoy... State Regulations on sale of Bear Skins (tanned) and Grizzly Bear Rugs or Bearskins or Bear Fur

Where are you located? I have one that's pretty much finished just needs to be bleached it's medium sized came out of this bear. Already been boiled just needs bleached.

a6f03744d55ea341571c87c2fd5a5948.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one you can have. You would have to do the work or pay someone. It's just been sitting in the freezer. Let me know if you want it.