WTB Down Quilt 20 degree or lower

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I know these go fast on here but I'm looking for a down quilt 20 degrees or lower, Im 6'3, prefer a long or extra long/wide, something bigger... thanks.

David

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to check out Hammock Gear. They have a new Eco line that is awesome. Let only for the price there asking. I just picked up a new 20 deg top and bottom quilt for less than $300.

geriggs

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what you are looking to spend but I have a katabatic gear sawatch 15 deg long/wide. I have slept in it maybe 8 nights. It's in great shape. It's not cheap. Retail is $600. I would sell for $400 TYD lower 48.

OP
Odell

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to check out Hammock Gear. They have a new Eco line that is awesome. Let only for the price there asking. I just picked up a new 20 deg top and bottom quilt for less than $300.

wow, those prices are crazy low. How is the quality?

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Also check the "on the shelf" section of Enlightened Equipment. 10 degree long wide for 3 bills. 20 degree should be a few bucks cheaper still.

I have a 10 degree down from them and love it.

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, the quality is top shelf. They are able to offer those prices because of the new Ion fabric that Dutch gear has had custom made in large quantity. They simply can not be beaten. They come with an average compression sack as well as a very large well-made cotton storage back. If you look on Hammock gears site and compare the weights of the Econo quilts to the higher end line the difference is very small. The difference in the two line is the Ecno is treated 800 duck down vs 850 goose. ( Duck is cheaper due to it being eaten more and is just as good as Goose) The other is the Higher end models have a little lighter fabric that is also a little more fragile due to how thin it is). Other than those two this they are exactly the same quilts. Most of us would not know the difference between the Econo lin to the high-end line held side by side. If you want more reviews from others there are a few on Hammock Forums. With that said these are just getting into the hands of most of as it is a new line for Hammock Gear. So far nothing but great reviews though. The Ion fabric has been out for some time and is well tested though. The lead time to have mine made and to my door was less than 2 weeks. I am very impressed needless to say.

bounds

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang. I've been heavily leaning to an APEX Revelation from EE for this year. A big part of my decision has been the wet performance of the synthetic, but I'd be lying if I said price wasn't part of it as well.

Now with this option, I'm having to reconsider. Those are awesome prices.

EE used to offer their bags in duck down and I remember the savings being equally impressive. I know they also had nothing but good reviews when they made those. When they stopped offering that, I was a little bummed, so it's really cool to see that as an option from someone again. I know EE has supported Rokslide, but with a young family, getting those weights for those prices is going to be hard to pass for a lot of people.

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me and many thru-hikers much prefer down. Much lighter and packs much smaller. Honestly, I don't worry about my bedding getting wet to the extent it has been built up to lately on some podcasts. I understand their points but, ........ I just simply do not let it happen. Meaning gets wet. I am a hammock guy and always have a good tarp over the hammock while hunting. I pack camp on my back most every day. My quilts go into a light dry bag and that dry bag goes into the bottom of my pack and my hammock/tarp get the same treatment. If the trip turns into a rain show I will be hiking out early. I hate hunting Elk in the rain. LOL

ljalberta

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang. I've been heavily leaning to an APEX Revelation from EE for this year. A big part of my decision has been the wet performance of the synthetic, but I'd be lying if I said price wasn't part of it as well.

Now with this option, I'm having to reconsider. Those are awesome prices.

EE used to offer their bags in duck down and I remember the savings being equally impressive. I know they also had nothing but good reviews when they made those. When they stopped offering that, I was a little bummed, so it's really cool to see that as an option from someone again. I know EE has supported Rokslide, but with a young family, getting those weights for those prices is going to be hard to pass for a lot of people.

EE still offers quilts in duck down (the 850 fill). However they did stop offering the 800 fill duck down. In addition they raised their prices across the board this year. I just purchased a couple quilts for the wife and I from them, but I do agree, it's hard to not go the HG Econ quilt route at that price, especially if one is on a budget.