WTB Duplex Frame

Jager

WKR
I am chasing a G2 Duplex frame in good condition with 24 inch aluminium stays and a med waist belt if anyone is looking to sell.

Cheers

NOt a problem but that is where it will be seen and should be. With the new Bikini frame coming out, Duplex frames are showing up quite ofter in the Classifieds here and on the Kifaru forums. Best of luck

OP
Jager

Jager

WKR
... cause i'm a short arse mate. lol

and I really do not like a pack riding too far above my head.

The smallest of people use the 26" stays. When your pack is really loaded down you will still have good shoulder lift.

dotman

WKR
Any luck finding one yet? No worries this is a good enough spot to post a request :). Might be easier to order straight from Kifaru though, being that your not stateside shipping could scare a few away.

OP
Jager

Jager

WKR
Yeah thanks Dotmam, will probably end up doing that. It is amazing that shipping here frightens some, I regularly buy gear from the US, shipping isn't expensive, mind u some people try to take the piss and attempt to charge huge amounts. A compound is only around 60 dollars. The boys at Extreme Elk are always happy to look after us down here and the shipping is very good with them.

I think people tend to pay just a bit much attention to load lifters, yes they are an important aspect of a pack, but, as in the tall load scenario, the first thing I look at is how low I can comfortably go. I have came to these decisions after years of jumping out of planes with packs strapped to my legs, and having to deal with gear up above your head is just a non starter for me personnally.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Sometimes someone just wants the 24" frame, cause that is what they desire- it is a personal choice. And for many it works just fine.

I agree. However, after talking to several folks many wish and have gotten the 26" stays after the fact. Which is no big deal in a T1 or the like, however it is a big deal when ordering a Duplex frame as its not as easily swapped to different stay heights.

Jager, my wife is 5'3 and rocks 26" stays without a problem, IMO better to have the option for more lift but dial it down than to need more lift once loaded up heavy and be maxed out at the top of the stay.

And even with some extra pack decorations it isn't above her head...just food for thought. :D

546955_10151504885753835_640784362_n.jpg

OP
Jager

Jager

WKR
Awesome Luke, thankyou for the pic, you guys obviously know how to pack a pack. I understand what you are advising and it is appreciated, with that pic, you may have proved a point.