WTB WTB Savage 111 barrel

Coughlin

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Putting some feelers out there. I’m looking to re barrel a Savage model 111 (long action) with standard bolt face. I believe it’s a large shank. Wondering if anyone out there has a factory takeoff or a pre fit that they bought and didn’t end up using. I’d consider grabbing a magnum bolt face from PTG if I was able to find the right barrel. Shoot me a PM if you have one or know where I can get one.

03mossy

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Your Savage action is more than likely a small shank unless it started life as a WSM or RUM cartridge. Not trying to be a jerk just trying to be helpful lol.

OP
Coughlin

Coughlin

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks for the replies and your right about the shank, I didn’t pay close enough attention when trying to determine which one I had.

I am open to anything caliber/cartridge wise, mostly just seeing what’s out there. The current barrel is a 6.5-284 and I think it has a carbon ring issue. I’ll try to work that out but also like the idea of seeing what else I can do with it.

I don’t think I’m interested in the 35 Whelen but keep em coming

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groin

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 300 win mag with the on/off muzzle break that I have just sitting around.