WTB Scams

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Several people have been getting scammed by their WTB posts. If you put up a WTB ad and use Tapatalk. Tapatalk members can ask to contact you. This is outside of the security that our forum software provides. ALWAY use caution on your WTB ads.

Those that use Tapatalk, check out the mobile forum it's much better than before and uses our periodicals to help stop scammers.

ALWAYS PROTECT YOURSELF WHEN BUYING OR SELLING

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I really don’t know why you even let Tapatalk on here. It allows people to skip all the ads which pay the bills here. The few who say they’ll leave and actually do aren’t a significant part of Rokslide. The only pop up here is the annoying Tapatalk pop up.

Tapatalk is not helping themselves. They are not keeping up, it will force us to stop using them. They are becoming a liability.

I am working on a fix for the mobile side.

87TT

WKR
When I'm on the road and use my iPad, that stupid Tapatalk won't let me open things without a fight. Keeps popping up and I have to try to close it. I end up not using this site very often because of it. Hate it!!!!

Brendan

WKR
For all this talking bad about Tapatalk, I've stopped using certain forums when they got rid of it, that's how much I rely on it.

Makes it so much easier when you're participating in multiple forums, free and easy one-click image hosting, and I've never had a single issue.

I totally understand administrative issues, but I've also never seen a mobile site I like nearly as much.

Trial153

WKR
Tappa talk is definitely a time saver for me, way more seamless. I have no issue with it

87TT

WKR
Anything that tries to bully you and take over is just wrong period.

LionHead

WKR
To be honest I've been slow to the fold. I always used the browser then went awol a few years back when I went to the academy. When I can back all the image hosting sights were gone so taptalk became easy way to post pics on adds. Other than that I'd rather still use the browser version

I've bought and sold on Rokslide since the beginning and I never once thought to use PayPal protection until this year I just started getting paranoid. Still 100's of positive transactions so I guess I'm lucky.

This is by far the best classifieds I've used. Facebook market place actually kind of ruined it because now more people are using more platforms that have to be monitored to find the right gear. Luckily kick ass rocksliders pointed me to FB market for the LBO and Ma deuce I was looking for and got.

Yet again another plus for Rokslide.

Thanks to @Ryan Avery @robby denning and @Aron Snyder for all your contributions

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Please speak up and tell a us if you get a fishy PM from a member on your WTB ad. It’s probably the most used tactic from Scammers on forums.