WTB WTB: Squirrel Gun!

raferalston

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is my first year hunting. I consider myself lucky to have found this passion at 40.

If anyone has something like a CZ 45(2) (5) (7) or Tikka T1X or anything else you think would make a great squirrel gun let me know.

I have a Silver Pigeon that I'm currently using....and let's just say that I'm losing a bit of meat. Not to mention feeling kinda like a jackass walking around with a Beretta blowing squirrels out of conifers. Squirrel Funny Photo.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Don’t forget that there are a lot of options available in the air rifle area that are totally capable of handling squirrels. They are a lot of fun to shoot and can come close to .22 performance with much cheaper and available ammo. Also, as you probably already know, there is no requirement to get an FFL involved. Good luck. Personally I’d rather hunt them with a bow ive found that it is the very best practice to get ready for big game ( on the ground. I never shoot them from trees, but getting them into your best shot is part of hunting )

OP
R

raferalston

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Don’t forget that there are a lot of options available in the air rifle area that are totally capable of handling squirrels. They are a lot of fun to shoot and can come close to .22 performance with much cheaper and available ammo. Also, as you probably already know, there is no requirement to get an FFL involved. Good luck. Personally I’d rather hunt them with a bow ive found that it is the very best practice to get ready for big game ( on the ground. I never shoot them from trees, but getting them into your best shot is part of hunting )
Wow! I didn't know you could hunt squirrel via archery. I used to shoot archery in high school competeivly but never considered transfering it to hunting. This is all new to me so...thanks for the heads up!

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Absolutely. If you start hunting with a bow you will soon see that they are really tough to hunt that way. Hunting with a shotgun or .22 is fun and you’ll bring home some squirrels, but with a bow you’ll come a lot of times with nothing, but the excitement of the one shot you were able to take. The thing I’ve learned too is that it teaches you to really learn and understand the animal you’re hunting. I’ve stood completely still for 15 minutes just waiting for a squirrel to turn its head form me to draw. The only way you’ll kill a squirrel with a bow is if you’ve convinced him that you’re not a threat. Same applies to a big buck. If he won’t play your game you probably won’t get a shot ( with a bow). Really to teach you a lot of hunting/ shooting skills. Good luck

bperdue21

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just go buy a new T1x. I have found people want the same/more for a used one. I was hitting the staple that held my target on at 53 yards with mine.

RS3579

WKR
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I use a Savage model 93 17 hmr. Have to do head shots tho. Very accurate. Head shots on a squirrel builds confidence. The CZ are great shooters also. I personally like the bull barrels on a 17 hmr. Good luck in your search, they taste great.

gearguywb

WKR
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Depends on what you want to spend.

I haven't used it for squirrel yet, but I bought a Vudoo with a lighter profile Walther barrel. Stuck a can on it and a Leupold. It is a hammer ;)

OP
R

raferalston

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Depends on what you want to spend.

I haven't used it for squirrel yet, but I bought a Vudoo with a lighter profile Walther barrel. Stuck a can on it and a Leupold. It is a hammer ;)
A little out of my price range. Nice gun!

ETtikka

WKR
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
New t1x is what you want, if you appreciate accuracy, however I can not find them in stock anywhere.

I recently bought my son one, and I am very impressed.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a CZ 452 trainer and a Marlin 917VRX bull barrel, both with nice wood stocks.

I’m not itching to get rid of either but cash talks. Feel free to PM me if interested.

Howiemoth

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is my first year hunting. I consider myself lucky to have found this passion at 40.

If anyone has something like a CZ 45(2) (5) (7) or Tikka T1X or anything else you think would make a great squirrel gun let me know.

I have a Silver Pigeon that I'm currently using....and let's just say that I'm losing a bit of meat. Not to mention feeling kinda like a jackass walking around with a Beretta blowing squirrels out of conifers. View attachment 251178

Thanks in advance.
Early Marlin mod. 60 full length tube w/walnut stock.

Raj patel

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
+1 for airguns. Legal to silence(pellet hitting squirrel is louder then report) incredible accuracy and pennies per shot. Plus you can shoot in your backyard if you live in neighborhood. For some powder burners can be shot at house. For me due to where I live, I shoot my airguns 10x more then all my powder burners combined. Be warned airguning is addictive and a good high end PCP can run you up to 1500.00 to 2k (many good ones for less) but as stated why not spend it if it’s the gun you spend most of your time with. Due to ability to shoot at house and cost of ammo It will improve every aspect of your marksmanship.

Raj patel

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
+1 for airguns. Legal to silence(pellet hitting squirrel is louder then report) incredible accuracy and pennies per shot. Plus you can shoot in your backyard if you live in neighborhood. For some powder burners can be shot at house. For me due to where I live, I shoot my airguns 10x more then all my powder burners combined. Be warned airguning is addictive and a good high end PCP can run you up to 1500.00 to 2k (many good ones for less) but as stated why not spend it if it’s the gun you spend most of your time with. Due to ability to shoot at house and cost of ammo It will improve every aspect of your marksmanship.

Raj patel

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My primary PCP airguns are the FX Wildcat in .30 uragan in .30, and taipan vet in .22 all silenced and at about 60 decibels. A good stater gun might be a Benjamin marauder.

d_rek

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ruger 10/22 or a cz457 in 22lr or 22mag would be my choices for a squirrel gun.

I have a cz457 in 22mag and it’s stupid accurate. Lovely little rifle.

Sent from d_mobile

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

I have a Silver Pigeon that I'm currently using....and let's just say that I'm losing a bit of meat. Not to mention feeling kinda like a jackass walking around with a Beretta blowing squirrels out of conifers. View attachment 251178

Thanks in advance.
If you’re interested in a new rifle, I can order you a CZ457. Let me know and I’ll send you a list of available models.

OP
R

raferalston

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Still looking. Anyone have a T1x, CZ 457 or something else they want to get rid of?