WTF??????? Does ANYONE make a mattress that doesn't deflate after a day????

ljalberta

WKR
I haven't had any problems with any of the Thermarest mattresses I've owned. Unless your talking about the effects of temperature fluctuations in the air affecting the 'fullness' of the pad?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've never had trouble with my Thermarest pads or my Klymit after I fixed a valve I screwed up. It holds air for forever now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have 4 Exped and 1 Klymit and have never had an issue with any of them going flat, other than a little pressure due to temperature change, as was previously mentioned.

HighVoltageHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Insulated Pad.
Has a well thought out and comfortable mattress coil design w/dual layers (in the event you deflate one layer you can rely upon the other.
Also has a unique recessed multi-function valve system.

lchavez

Lil-Rokslider
Exped, been using for years without any issues. Will not camp without it.

I camp two to three weekends a month during the cooler season hear in AZ so it gets heavy use.

My buddy on the other hand goes through about three to four Walmart mats a year and is always complaining that he wakes up in the night with flats.

I’ll sometimes hear his pump going off at 1:00 in the morning, lol.

tttoadman

WKR
my old thermarest is bombproof, but way too heavy for packing.

as far as any others, i have lost faith in anything but exped. I also have the mat cover for extra protection.

I’ve had pads from Thermarest, Klymit and REI stay inflated in my basement for months.

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, I did a little test the other night and blew up a thermarest xtherm and a klymit static v and put them in the basement which is cool but not bad. The klymit held air better but both of them lost air. I always have to blow up both of these when I come back to camp in the evening. They don't go totally flat but it just seems to me they should hold air better. Maybe I'm expecting too much.
But for god sakes man, for the money they charge for the things now a days, one would think they would hold air better.

Randy