WTF Quality Montana aechery elk drop camp or packer in general unit

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
As it says, want to find a quality Montana archery elk drop camp or packer in general unit. Switching areas this year due to wolves. looking for a horse packer or possible drop camp. We have all our own stuff so a Pony UBER is all we really need but would consider a drop camp.

Thanks for any intel. PM me if wishing to keep lead on the QT. Thanks!!

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how familiar you are to montana hunting but most elk are not that far in. The areas for a drop camp would be the bob complex or maybe the beartooths. The bob has an early rifle so I would personally not go in there for an archery hunt. The beartooths elk population is down deeper in with most of the elk near private on the outskirts. Most other hunting areas are really accessible with a base camp or short backpack trips. I prefer base camp because it makes it a lot easier to move if elk are not in an area. I would save your money on a drop camp and basecamp it, but that's me

cgasner1

WKR
I know of one think it's kind of a scam for the non resident guys since I ride my quad right by there camo but they do get rode in on horses and left

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
G

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I know of one think it's kind of a scam for the non resident guys since I ride my quad right by there camo but they do get rode in on horses and left

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes. We want to be over 5 miles from an internal combustion engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take a look at the pintler wilderness. But good luck getting away from the wolves. They have spread to almost every part of Montana. But that's not to say you won't still find plenty of elk in those areas. I hunt those areas praying for a chance at a wolf. I even had wolves howling right out of camp in the little belts