Wtf with the ups stores?

Jacack

WKR
I took a nightforce scope to a ups store to have it boxed up and shipped back to nightforce and they told me they couldn’t ship “ gun parts” , I kindly explained while A scope does go on a gun it’s not a restricted item and is nothing more than a telescope. Guy wouldn’t budge so I left pissed and went to another ups store intown and was told the same thing, off I went to the last location and was turned down again. By this time I am a bit aggravated so I called it a day.

Only reason I was using these crooks was I didn’t have a box and was in a hurry.

I have shipped tons of optics and such and never had any issue.

I ended up just finding a box and using usps

Has anyone ever had this happen?

Again this was just a scope in the original box

JWP58

WKR
They are franchises. I believe it depends on their specific policies. The actual ups hubs will ship guns and gun parts without issue.

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
Yes I knew that but it’s a stretch to call a scope a gun part, I actually asked about shipping a sling just because I was so irritated and the second store said no they couldn’t ship a sling either as it was too a gun part.

If this was just a one location thing I get it but 3 different stores. Maybe they are all the same owner.

Apollo117

WKR
Pro tip. Don't ship anything with UPS unless you are OK with it being beaten to shit.

The company I work for ships with FedEx and UPS fairly evenly. However, the vast majority of our freight claims for products damaged during shipping are with UPS.

Apollo117

WKR
Pro tip. Don't ship anything with UPS unless you are OK with it being beaten to shit.

The company I work for ships with FedEx and UPS fairly evenly. However, the vast majority of our freight claims for products damaged during shipping are with UPS.

I tell all my customers who ship rifles to me to use UPS but an actual UPS depot. UPS stores are 80%+ non helpful and no matter what kind of part they do not ship gun related parts! And yes they suck because of it :)

Mike

Scottyboy

WKR
My local UPS store was nervous when I shipped a scope to a business that was developing rifle load for me. But they shipped it. I learned soon after to print your UPS label at home and simply drop it off. They don’t ask any questions other than if you want a drop off receipt, it’s the only way to go with UPS...especially the franchised UPS stores.

I shipped a rifle back to Kimber (the camo was peeling). The UPS store told me they could not ship because she had not been through the training. She did box it for me and I shipped it through the UPS depot.

bobhunts

WKR
The UPS Store as said before are franchised. Next time pay Nightforce to send you a call tag so you can box it up and drop it off at a UPS customer counter. Less people in the loop to damage or steal it and be sure to insure it!

Yes I have ups store told me no way.
The problem with printing a label yourself and just dropping it off is they will deny and and all insurance claims if you have a problem.

I searched shipping or mail on Google maps and use a mom and pop type place, usually they have a name like mail depot or similar.
Found out today tho the awesome guy I used last time is closed.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don't think I've ever used UPS for much. But I ship a lot of different stuff with Fedex at times, including guns and gun parts, and always use the Fedex Stores.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I had a ups store refuse to ship something because it was in a gun part box (can't remember brand but brand logo and name was on outside of box). Told them it was nothing related to a gun, believe it was a spotting scope, it was just the only box I had and fit well. They made me unbox it and purchase a box from them.