WTS WTS: Swarovski Twin Spotters (Bigeyes)

BBob

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
These are awesome if they fit your MO! There are pro's to these over a BTX setup. Good luck with the sale!

OP
TravKatQ

TravKatQ

WKR
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very cool idea but it seams there would be alot to constanly adjust with zoom and focus.
Is it easier than i make it out

Yes it’s pretty straight forward and easy once you get it set to your eyes. They are the best setup for long range glassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Man I PMed with the exact same questions you guys had I think a Rokslide video or review of exactly how the big eyes setup works is in order

BBob

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Does it focus individually or do you just use one focus knob?

Individually. Takes all of 15 seconds or less once you get used to it. At distance the depth of field is plenty so that you aren’t focusing all of the time, you focus and leave it unless you bump it moving around. I’ve used this exact setup a lot. What is has over the BTX is the instant zoom. Once zoomed it may take a slight focus adjustment. If you actually see something with one eye zoomed you can go ahead and zoom the other and focus it if needed. Now you’re at 50x at under 30 seconds if that. BTX can’t do that.

With the Benny Wells bracket it is setup for your IPD, someone else with a different IPD can’t use it unless you adjust it. The Wells bracket is not designed to quickly change the IPD. Some may do it but once mine was setup and collimated I locked it down didn’t move it. Collimation is not hard but takes a bit of time.

Last edited:
OP
TravKatQ

TravKatQ

WKR
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Individually. Takes all of 15 seconds or less once you get used to it. At distance the depth of field is plenty so that you aren’t focusing all of the time, you focus and leave it unless you bump it moving around. I’ve used this exact setup a lot. What is has over the BTX is the instant zoom. Once zoomed it may take a slight focus adjustment. If you actually see something with one eye zoomed you can go ahead and zoom the other and focus it if needed. Now you’re at 50x at under 30 seconds if that. BTX can’t do that.

With the Benny Wells bracket it is setup for your IPD, someone else with a different IPD can’t use it unless you adjust it. The Wells bracket is not designed to quickly change the IPD. Some may do it but once mine was setup and collimated I locked it down didn’t move it. Collimation is not hard but takes a bit of time.

Spot on! Once you get your IDP and collimation set it’s as easy as focusing your binos for a glassing session. The Benny wells bracket is badass in my opinion and once I added .004 shim to one side to get collimation set it never moved! Awesome setup!