WTT WTT Mystery Ranch Medium Belt for Large (Popup 28)

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
As it says. My medium belt is brand new. Foliage color. This will not fit guide light frames. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Clearedhot1
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I’ve only had it a couple weeks and have hauled 50lbs of salt around my house. A week ago the temperature was -30 so usage has been limited due to weather. It’s not as comfortable as my previous exo 5500 but I’m comparing apples to oranges. It is way more comfortable than the government issued ALICE packs in my option. For the occasional meat haul I’ll try and keep it around 75lbs. I wouldn’t go over 100 because quite frankly I don’t think the frame would support it.

Im thrilled about its potential as a western daypack with its primary use being hauling my family’s hiking supplies and after detaching the belt and lowering the frame, a whitetail treestand and airline carry on pack.

The main pack is good for a heavyweight jacket (I use FL sanctuary), water bladder, and some smaller supplies on top of it. Spotting scope and tripod will fit nicely in side pockets. I’m working out the logistics on bow and rifle haul as the bag is not very tall (but thinking the exo weapon carrier mounted low center might do the trick).

A stuff sack on the overload shelf could potentially buy me 2-3 days in the woods if needed.

A large belt should be more comfortable in terms of wrapping around my 36” waist. The padding on the medium stops short right at about the front of my pelvic bone. I’m hoping once this deep freeze breaks I’ll get to the park for a more realistic trial run.

Hope that helps. I didn’t want to spend the $ on 3 different packs for my main uses and from what I’ve read and now experienced, I am hopeful this thing will do it. For an expedition longer than 3 days, you’d best be looking for larger.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Sorry I'm a idiot I didn't realize this was in classifieds. Here is bump for you. Good luck with your search. As FYI I find the padding on the large belt to feel pretty short also with a 38 waist.

Last edited:

Wireman07

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the write up, very informative. I was on the fence about getting the pop up 28. But it looks like its almost designed for exactly the hunting i do. Sounds like there going to have a 35 to 40 liter bag in 2020.

OP
Clearedhot1
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks for the write up, very informative. I was on the fence about getting the pop up 28. But it looks like its almost designed for exactly the hunting i do. Sounds like there going to have a 35 to 40 liter bag in 2020.

That would be a nice improvement but still larger than what I need it for 98% of time. If I come across that other 2% then I’ll just summon one of my big ass buddies or pay for help.

MR recently subscribed to Expert Voice. Take a look there to possibly further your decision.