WV

BLJ

WKR
Intro from WV. I've only hunted in WV. Whitetail, bear gun as well as over hounds, and small game. Looking to get out west for the first time hopefully next year. Would love to go this year. More than likely a long shot. Looking more for the experience as opposed to trophy. Thinking rifle antelope, mule deer, elk (bull, spike, cow). Would prefer muley of the 3. Will be driving so limited on time.

If I could hike and glass the beautiful country and possibly get a shot at any of the animals above without getting whipped by the elevation, I would consider it a success. More than likely truck camping, but wouldn't mind spending a night under the tarp if need be.

I don't know what to expect so I'm trying to be realistic. General direction and info is greatly appreciated. I'll try to return the favor if I can. Thanks

Fowler530

WKR
Welcome aboard!! Lots of great information and experience around here to help you out with! Sounds like you’re on the right track with your planning! (y)

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
Thanks. I'll also throw in wolf or lion hunt as well. Just looking to be there, really.

gfreidy

WKR
You can do it! Lots to learn, but best way is learning from experience.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
welcome to rokslide, i grew up in WV, been on one western hunt so far, and hopefully 2nd this year, building points in several states, let me know if u need any help!