WY 2nd Choice

MasonfromWi

Lil-Rokslider
Hi guys, does anybody have experience with 2nd choice application success in recent years? I really enjoy antelope hunting in the state of Wyoming and like to go every year but i also would like to build up some points to one day be able to hunt in a better unit. I am wondering if there is such a demand for tags in recent years that 2nd choice has basically a zero percent chance of success. TIA

Rich M

WKR
Z beat me to it - the unit I hunt has gained a preference point and has not had any leftover tags in 2 years.

I think, for the most part, those days are gone.

OP
MasonfromWi

MasonfromWi

Lil-Rokslider
Thats what I was afraid of. Seems like I am going to have to start to look into other states if I ever want to build any points in Wyoming then.

jolemons

WKR
I've killed antelope past two years with leftover tags. Build points and hunt

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Whitty

FNG
So if you draw a second choice tag can you still purchase a preference point as well during the same calendar year as a non-resident?

archp625

WKR
If you draw a second choice tag you wont have to use your preference points. I have found that all the units that I am looking at for a decent hunt do not have any left over tags making none of them a second choice tag. I agree with others. Its getting harder and harder.

Rich M

WKR
It seems like the best option, if you want to hunt is to apply for doe tags - can get you out there while you take along shot on the buck tag and build points if you don't get it.

zpooch

Lil-Rokslider
Your post added nothing. This is a forum to help people.

The draw odds have all the answers. Why should I look at the draw odds to provide the answer that he is unwilling to find himself? I told him where all of the information he could ever want is located. I think that is helpful

archp625

WKR
The draw odds have all the answers. Why should I look at the draw odds to provide the answer that he is unwilling to find himself? I told him where all of the information he could ever want is located. I think that is helpful
My apology. I understand now. I just think people ask questions sometimes and get short answers. I do agree with you though.

Fishforfun

Lil-Rokslider
One quick look at the draw odds will tell you everything you want to know. I hunted on a 2nd choice unit last year and will again this year.

Ebruce

FNG
yea many of the units that would have left overs are drying up this will be my 3rd year heading out to WY, didn't play the game right the first year (no points), and still trying to build a couple points to get into something better than the units i hit the first year

Been building points and not going for 4 years. Checked the draw results on several sites and I'm going to try for second round draw myself this year and build a point. Good luck to all.