Wy 37-9 questions

Snuffer

FNG
After spending the afternoon unraveling Wyoming hunt codes and draw odds is it true that I could draw a 37-9 with 7pp this fall? I want to do a diy solo trip this fall. I’m trying to find a place to dump my points on a hunt that may be better than a general tag.Is there an easier way than clicking each unit on fish and games site to see which unit offers type 9? While I have never been to Wyoming I have been archery hunting elk on 8 different occasions in Co and ID. I am also acutely aware that a pile of welcomes are headed my way, this being my first post. Thanks

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes you look to be correct depending on how many tags are allocated (11 last year) and how other higher point holders apply.

A number of services offer convenient breakdown of the odds in multiple categories. I use top rut but epic, go hunt, and Eastman's are just a few

Welcome you should post up in the fng section and join in some of the conversation around here.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Snuffer

FNG
Update. After joining the Toprut app and using the filter feature, my plan above looks somewhat poor at best. A couple things I need to consider, I’m not hauling a 4 wheeler out there from WI so I need decent road access and I want to avoid the quad army too. Grizz units are out for this solo hunter. ( not that 37 had em). Gen unit may offer the most flexibility. The search continues…

OP
S

Snuffer

FNG
Starting to feel like 7 points is no man’s land. There are decent hunts in the NW but no grizz for me. The others units that I could draw look only marginally better than some general units statistically . How much faith do you have in harvest numbers in Wyoming? Still looking at my original unit or 40 in special draw. The harvest numbers for those archery units is so low that I wonder if If I should bite the bullet and go general? What say you? Point creep is real! Frustrating for sure.