WY Antelope Draw results

Blinddog

Lil-Rokslider
Hope everyone else is luckier than I am, Point creep strikes again - I have 7pts. which last year would have been an 86% draw this year 0. need 8pts. to get a tag in my area. Suck ola. :cry: But on the good side, I had less than a 2% chance for an anyelk tag and did get that one.:unsure:
I have a hard time to keep buying points for an animal that only has less than 65lbs. of meat. I guess I will try a different area next year.

good luck to the rest of you.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah. What the hell happened. I put in for a NR doe tag that had 85% odds last year, ended up being 8% this year. Saw another one that had 83 first choice apps last year, over 1200 this year. Wtf how do you even plan or account for that??

ID_Matt

WKR
My mind is blown. We had awful luck... doe tags went from over 75% odds to less than 10%... buck tag went from a 3 point draw to a 5 point draw.

BigBird69

FNG
Yeah. What the hell happened. I put in for a NR doe tag that had 85% odds last year, ended up being 8% this year. Saw another one that had 83 first choice apps last year, over 1200 this year. Wtf how do you even plan or account for that??
Same exact thing happened to me. Unit went from less than 100 people applying to over 1000. WTF...

I put in for that others tag, no dice... 🤬
Drew four second choice doe tags in 102 for me and the girlfriend. Feel like I’m gonna regret not getting a buck tag to match.

Last edited:
Looks like I dodged the bullet on doe tags (got two of them), but none of my friends drew antelope buck tags... I think COVID had the opposite effect on draws that we first thought.

hartigjosh

Lil-Rokslider
I put in for region F deer and drew with 1 pt
Unit 32 antelope and drew with 3+ pts as group
both put in for special
I was going to put in for Unit 81 antelope and glad I didnt bc I would not have drawn given the results i saw on G&F

My theory is some tag cuts but more due to GoHunt and others like them as well as possibly stimulus money. I did notice lots of people burning their points this year especially in the special draws also.

hartigjosh

Lil-Rokslider
anything outdoors is in high demands due to covid and this work from home environment
Look at bikes, camping gear, rvs, heck even boat sales are up big. And this isnt just seasonally this is y-o-y
Social media and these influencers are driving new hunters in which is good/bad