WY antelope hunt - Havalon gear up for the hunt sweepstakes

Bagel_7

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys brag post/advice post. I entered the Havalon gear up for the hunt sweepstakes and somehow I won the damn thing. I'll get to hunt with table mountain outfitters in WY and I'd like everyones advice for the hunt. I've never hunted antelope, always wanted to but never had an opportunity. I've only been hunting about 4 years but I'm absolutely hooked. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks, Trevor

wytx

WKR
Have fun and be picky. They shoot alot of non residents specials over there, i.e 12 inchers. They are good folks but don't settle for a mediocre buck. Just a few mule deer tags left for the leftover draw you might do a combo without the extra guide fees.
Guess you drew the area 38 tag for that antelope hunt?

OP
Bagel_7

Bagel_7

Lil-Rokslider
Wytx good advice, I guess I can be picky. Hopefully since it will be recorded they'll want me to be picky. I don't know what tag I got because they got the tag for me. I haven't even given my info since I just found out yesterday.

topher89

WKR
Knee pads and good gloves are a must for antelope hunting. I am still picking out cactus spines from a crawl I did three years ago :D

Practice shooting from a variety of positions, especially laying prone. You do not have the advantage of trees and other natural blocks that you do in the mountains.

Take your time and be smart when stalking in. The open plains are unforgiving when it comes to blowing stalks. Take the time to really analyze the land and determine how to use the topography to hide your movements. As an example, last year I was able to use a slight hill to hide my movements from a group of 4 antelope and turn 500 yards into a 150 yard shot

OP
Bagel_7

Bagel_7

Lil-Rokslider
I read that about the gloves and knee pads it sounds like I better throw a pair in my bag.