WY Antelope Unit 57 - 2021

Hit Man

FNG
Planning to apply for a WY Antelope tag this year in Unit 57. Looking for intel or anyone who I could call to chat about this hunt. Planning to use motel in Baggs, WY for a base camp. Would like to harvest a 180 inch buck if possible. Reply to this if you have hunted 57 recently and or would recommend a particular portion of the Unit (N,E,S,W, etc.). Thanks so much.

weaver

WKR
Not sure if serious or not...180 has been typed to often to be a typo.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

OP
H

Hit Man

FNG
Not sure if serious or not...180 has been typed to often to be a typo.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
80. Haha. I just purchased my first Gibson guitar ever, a J185. Guess I was getting used to telling my friends about it and put the 1 in front of the 80. Yes. Thank you. Too much whiskey for me. I mean 80!

BuzzH

WKR
Do you know what an 80" look likes and familiar with judging them?

That part of Wyoming took a pretty good hit last winter...may want to consider that before you apply.

OP
H

Hit Man

FNG
Buzz H - I do not know what an 80" buck looks like in the field and I understand they can be difficult to judge. Ideally, I can find a friend or someone to accompany me on the hunt and help as a spotter/judger. I also did not consider the winter kill affect on Unit 57. I will look for other good Units to apply in . You seem pretty knowledgable, and if possible I'd like to message or text you somehow off this forum.

fmyth

WKR
Planning to apply for a WY Antelope tag this year in Unit 57. Looking for intel or anyone who I could call to chat about this hunt. Planning to use motel in Baggs, WY for a base camp. Would like to harvest a 180 inch buck if possible. Reply to this if you have hunted 57 recently and or would recommend a particular portion of the Unit (N,E,S,W, etc.). Thanks so much.
I was in this unit from Nov 2nd to the 26th and traveled nearly every road and 2 track looking for elk. I'd be happy to talk to you on the phone and share what I know. I stayed in Baggs for a while, between Wamsutter and Rock Springs for a couple weeks and camped in the unit. I have a connection for a really nice furnished house in Baggs thats only a few $ more than the local hotel if you draw a tag

Stalker69

WKR
I am looking at applying and archery hunting if drawn. I would be putting in for a doe. How many points do you have for a buck ?

Selway

FNG
If you really want an 80" buck, which it sounds like you do, I would get ahold of Eli Grimmett.

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
I've hunted 57 a few times as well as some other units in the last 40 years or so I would consider the winter kill in that unit before burning points on that unit right now. Unless you've looked at a lot of antelope it's difficult to tell an 80" antelope from a 70" antelope remember there are 4 mass measurements. If you want to PM me I might be able to give you some thoughts depending on what the rest of this winter brings.

Big Ern

WKR
Agree with the above. I have hunted speed goats iin 57 and also been all over that place chasing deer.

Not a hard place to hunt. Difficulty is field judging if you don’t have a lot of experience. Difference between a 70 vs 80 isn’t that easy from 500 plus yards especially if you haven’t been around a lot of big bucks.

Bring the best spotter you can afford and take your time.