WY doe/fawn tag 2019

Ghanson4

Lil-Rokslider
this fall will be my first year big game hunting. From my research I’ve seen that a lot of people recommend an antelope hunt to get started since there is no calling and less hiking involved. What is a good part of the state to consider applying to

wytx

WKR
Doe tags are a random draw for all so pick an area with good access and good number of tags and apply for it.

smccardell

Lil-Rokslider
Antelope hunting is a great way to get into western big game hunting. Don't forget to learn the gutless method for field dressing the antelope and make sure you have a backpack and game bags to take the meat back. Your priority should be to get that antelope field dressed and meat off the bone as quickly as possible. But just keep in mind the yield of meat per animal is going to be less than a whitetail. You are looking at about 40lbs to 45lbs of boned out meat. Good luck!

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
I have done WY antelope for the last 8 years in 6 different areas. I only hunted 2 areas that I won't return too. One is unit 34 and other in 22. I did get two antelope in 22 but it was a lot of hunting pressure on the public land we were hunting. I also had shot opportunities at antelope in unit 34 but both of these units pail in comparison to the other units from the perspective of #'s of antelope on public land to hunt. Central WY is pretty dang good if you draw.

Rich M

WKR
You don't have any points - use the WY planner and see where you have a hope of drawing. Then go from there. You are talking a 3 to 5 year wait for better units, 10 yrs for "trophy" hunts.

Just go, have fun. Spend some time scouting, use your head and you should get 1 or 2.