WY Draw Reaults

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Struck out on antelope. Looked close for the regular so we put in for the special and that jumped WAY up point wise.

Pro953

WKR
Time to raise the NR fees again...in particular doe/fawn and cow/calf tags.

I wonder if the better fix is to increase the non-refundable app cost vs the actual tag cost.

Ideally you do not want to price out the entire market plenty of states with landowner and auction tags that can by bought outright for those with $$$.

I think things like mandatory license purchase, upfront tag fees and higher non-refundable app costs will make it less like buying a 20.00 lottery ticket. I say make the application expensive and the tag “cheap” relatively speaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlin59

WKR
Damn dude. Think it got "podcasted" or something?

Fortunately it didn’t get podcast-blasted. After last years draw it came out looking like a really good value. I figured more people would notice it than last year, but I’m very surprised by how it really blew up. Hope you did well on the GRE, I know my work productivity was low today, and even worse after I got the results.

dixon4420

FNG
got lucky this year i think. Doing general elk and general deer. I pulled area 38 for antelope, area 12 for cow elk, and 2 doe tags for area 15. Hopefully i can bring home one from every tag.

OXN939

WKR
Fortunately it didn’t get podcast-blasted. After last years draw it came out looking like a really good value. I figured more people would notice it than last year, but I’m very surprised by how it really blew up. Hope you did well on the GRE, I know my work productivity was low today, and even worse after I got the results.

Nice. Any of you guys familiar with how many leftover tags generally get returned and become available between now and the 24th? Would love to pick up a leftover doe tag generally near my unit circa Laramie.

Bryan B

FNG
Nice. Any of you guys familiar with how many leftover tags generally get returned and become available between now and the 24th? Would love to pick up a leftover doe tag generally near my unit circa Laramie.

There are no returns in WY and there are no leftover doe tags around the Laramie area.

KHNC

WKR
Drew type 2 with zero points. But i guess those are easy. No deer for me this year tho

Mtnboy

WKR
My crew of 4 drew. I don't know what unit but it took us 6 points.

Once the economy takes a dive again the draw odds will increase for everything, patience.

Shotshill

FNG
First post here, but I drew in a predominate private area for antelope. My 3rd choice...
shocked to see the #s..

Buschy

FNG
No antelope doe tags at our house. Too bad as it is one of my wife's favorite hunts. Nice weather and lots of animals.

rjschill

FNG
Really surprised at how much the draw odd/points jumped this year. I had 8 points and put in for a unit with 70% draw last year. This year it was 0% with 8 points. Oh well, guess I'll go back to the waiting game.

RTSJ

Lil-Rokslider
My 15 yr old daughter drew Muley and antelope for Region C. Her first western hunt. She is stoked!

voodoo

FNG
I struck out. Area I put in for had 80% chance of drawing last year. Fell to 50% in 2019. Pretty decent increase in applicants year over year. Congrats to those that drew.

Noticed the increase this year too. Unit I drew in, last year one could get leftover any sex tags. This year, you cannot even get doe/faun tags in that unit.

boutdoors

FNG
Got my 2 antelope doe tags plus 2 deer doe tags this year. Its not easy anymore picking up tags as the demand and later draw date allows people to apply if they don't get tags for another state. 10 years ago there were plenty of leftovers available

Ace531

FNG
Me and 3 buddies drew buck tags for 108. Will be my first western hunt and I couldn't be more excited! We'll be camping out, so if anyone has any good info on good camp areas or places to find the antelope, let me know.