WY elk hunt

KSArcher06

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys my dad brother and I are looking at going on a WY elk hunt in 2022. We are leaning towards doing a rifle hunt right now but are very open to both. We will have 7 pp that year and we’re debating doing it ourselves but being it’s our first elk hunt if we can find a good outfitter one In the 5k range we will definatley look at going that route. So I was just seeing if anyone had any they’d recomend in that price range worth those points? I’ve found plenty in the 7-8k range but we just can’t swing that for a hunt. Thanks for any help guys

Peteyur

FNG
I went this year for archery season with Chamley outfitters. I was treated like a king and had opportunity at way over 300 inch elk every single day. I’m not gonna say the exact inches because until they’re dead I don’t believe it’s fair to judge. But I seen six by sevens and seven by sevens within bow range every single day.
Blake and his crew we’re awesome. Especially his guide Cade. That man is not afraid to hike up, in, or over anything to search for and get you in front of the animal you’re after. It seems like every single person in the camp did everything possible to make sure the hunt was not only finished with the biggest harvest possible but the most comfortable and most enjoyable hunt they could possibly provide. If I had the money I would go every single year as you start to feel like part of the family by day two!!
He is not paying me for any of this nor does he probably even know that I am saying this. But I am telling you it was the best world class, guided hunting trip I’ve ever been on in my entire life.
When you go to a place and get thousands of feet above the tree line and as far as your 10 x 50 binoculars will see and your guide is talking about a drainage that will get you within 60 yards of an elk you can see, and you get there and range in the elk is 51 yards do you know your guide has been there and knows the country you’re hunting. And I believe that is one of the services you’re paying for is his knowledge of the local area. And those boys know more about that country than I do about my own house. It was phenomenal!!!!
Three months after it ended and I still wake up every day thinking about it. I honestly will probably never be able to go back and yet dream about going back next year and doing everything I can to try to figure out how to do that.
I promise you it will be one of the best trips you ever go on with your friends and family. You are more than welcome to PM me or call me and I can go over any and all details you would like. Again I am not paid for any of this! I just am blown away at how well of an operation Blake runs and how many and how good the quality of animals he can put you in front of.
I believe part of the reason he has that kind of operation is because of how much he cares about the animals in the ground and the people he hunts in and around. He really is a standup guy, sportsman and hunter!!

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
Cool ,what unit? Me and my buddy have 9 points are looking for a good hunt.