WY Elk Inquiry - 5 pts

Jdog

WKR
Brother and I wanting to burn WY points. We both have 5.

Looking at archery elk units 41 or 37 in the Bighorns...anyone recently do such with a hunt recap/report?

Happy to exchange or help where I can...hunted WY speed goats in 67 two years ago and CO 48 archery elk this past year.

PM if interested.

Thanks.

I have six points and I think I'm cashing them in on a general tag. I don't have any experience in 41/37 but I feel like if you don't have max points most of the units are going to be comparable. There is an area I've hunted deer that I saw several really nice bulls in a general unit so maybe that's why I'm going the route I am. I hunted 67 for antelope last year. How did you do? I passed a really nice buck opening morning and ended up killing a mid 70's buck on day 5.

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
I have six points and I think I'm cashing them in on a general tag. I don't have any experience in 41/37 but I feel like if you don't have max points most of the units are going to be comparable. There is an area I've hunted deer that I saw several really nice bulls in a general unit so maybe that's why I'm going the route I am. I hunted 67 for antelope last year. How did you do? I passed a really nice buck opening morning and ended up killing a mid 70's buck on day 5.

Same deal--passed on some bomber bucks first couple days that we should have shot-->inexperience played a role. Brother and I both ended up shooting mid 70"s goats. Fun hunt, tons of bucks, some real hammers.

Last edited:

mixed bag

FNG
In my research, your wasting you points in 41 if you want to archery hunt.Too much wilderness you can't hunt that will hold most of the elk in Sept.Dont know anything about 37.Id go with a type 1 tag,archery hunt last week and then try again in rifle hoping weather pushes more out of wilderness.Im sure there's elk in the forest area but most NR will all be there in archery chasing every bugle