WY elk outfitters, again

With another season pretty much in the books wondering if anyone has any good WY elk outfitters to share?

Not set on a budget or type of hunt. Just looking for some good, honest, outfitters to look into. Not sure Im even ready to use an outfitter but if the right one was found I may just do it to get the most from my 7 points.

OP
MuleyFever
Elk. Rifle.

I’m just curious what some of the most reputable outfitters are. Not concerned with where or how other than in WY and in an area I could draw with 7 pts. I may go with a guide or I may not. I have not used a guide in 20 years. However, I would like to kill one really good bull, say 340+, and doing one guided hunt for it would be my best bet. Want to use my points for the best chance I can get. I said not set on a budget but $10k would probably be my max.

wytx

WKR
That budget would get you a nice hunt. 340 is not going to be easy though .
Your PP may be in that no man's land though. Some good hunts in general areas but you would waste some PP.

Overdrive

WKR
If it was me I'd build a few more points and look into Area 7, I have some friends that outfit in the area on 12,000 acre Private Ranch. The amount of elk is unreal and the video's I've watched from them taken this fall on their lease there are some amazing bull's. You may be looking at another 3-5 years but in my opinion it would be well worth the wait from what I've seen up there so far. I'm sitting at 10 points and this is the Area I'm going with, without a doubt.

OP
MuleyFever
Well who knows how point creep will go.

That Thorofare hunt sounds amazing just not sure if I want to drop my points on it.

OP
MuleyFever
That budget would get you a nice hunt. 340 is not going to be easy though .
Your PP may be in that no man's land though. Some good hunts in general areas but you would waste some PP.
Yes 340 is no guarantee, nor is any success, but a good ranch can up the odds.

Jon Boy

WKR
South fork outfitters out of cody is my recommendation if you're looking for a wilderness hunt. They have a camp in 59 but just acquired a camp in 51. Couple younger guys that are elk killing son of bitches and will work for it if you want to work for it.

OP
MuleyFever
South fork outfitters out of cody is my recommendation if you're looking for a wilderness hunt. They have a camp in 59 but just acquired a camp in 51. Couple younger guys that are elk killing son of bitches and will work for it if you want to work for it.

Thanks. Im into working for it. But my knees arent as into getting it all out as they once were. Thats the 2nd part of this possible adventure. I think at this point hauling elk out alone will be a limiting factor to my quest. I would up my odds by not having to worry about if I can make the pack out alone if I chase that elk into that next canyon.

Laramie

WKR
OutWest Safaris. That's the easiest hunt I know of to shoot a mature 6 point. 340 is very realistic if you can pass the 300-330 bulls. Not sure what it's taking to draw area 108 right now but a buddy drew special last year with 8 I believe.

With another season pretty much in the books wondering if anyone has any good WY elk outfitters to share?

Not set on a budget or type of hunt. Just looking for some good, honest, outfitters to look into. Not sure Im even ready to use an outfitter but if the right one was found I may just do it to get the most from my 7 points.
If u can draw a tag up here near cody I would suggest josh martoglio. Big bulls every year in 61, 62, 63 units.

OP
MuleyFever
OutWest Safaris. That's the easiest hunt I know of to shoot a mature 6 point. 340 is very realistic if you can pass the 300-330 bulls. Not sure what it's taking to draw area 108 right now but a buddy drew special last year with 8 I believe.
So I contacted these guys and they seem really great. However, point creep sucks. 108 was 50% last year with 7 points in the special. This year they already have 8 people booked that are putting in with 8.5 or 9 points in the special. They only issued 3 tags last year in the special, not counting random which was 1 tag. This puts 7pts from 50% last year to 3+ years out going forward. Guess I am hunting the Bighorns this fall as I am not chasing any of these other units anymore.

Wapiti1

WKR
Not sure of your wants/needs on the hunt, but you might check with some unit 34 outfitters on private land. Some big bulls come out of there. Only one that I know there is Triple Three, but I suspect they don't have openings for a few years.

Just a thought.

Jeremy

OP
MuleyFever
Not sure of your wants/needs on the hunt, but you might check with some unit 34 outfitters on private land. Some big bulls come out of there. Only one that I know there is Triple Three, but I suspect they don't have openings for a few years.

Just a thought.

Jeremy
I contacted them earlier. 8 years they told me.

Decided to burn my 11 points this yr with Josh Martoglio this fall for a rifle hunt. Talked to him and he checked all the boxes I look for in an outfitter and was highly recommended by several sources I trust. Looking forward to chasing big bulls and hopefully no Grizzlies this fall......done chasing point creep.

Jaker_cc

WKR

Got a contact for these guys, sounds like my cup of tea.