WY General or Draw elk

Question for the guys who know Wyoming. I thought I had a couple more points to go in to next years draw, but I'm sitting at 4 now.

If I'm reading odds in WY correctly 3 points this year gave you a 42% chance to draw, and 4 was a solid draw for a general tag. My question is, I have 4 now, was going to buy a point but I'm now thinking just sit at 4, and get a general tag vs a draw unit.

Any thoughts on that decision from a strategy based view? I have research to do yet, but anyone have experience in those low draw units that one could draw in the next few years vs. general tag? The bear units would be fine as long as the WA's don't consume most of the unit.

Anyways, NR, WY general skip the point this year and draw next year? or should I keep looking up?

PMs are welcome.

If it was me. . . I spend the money to get another point just as insurance and then draw my general tag next year.

Odds are you are fine with 4 pts in the general draw, but no point chancing it when you can 100% guarantee it with $50 more. Point creep gets crazy and with fears of the 90-10 split coming people may dump points and go general if they are in the 4-6 pt range, potentially forcing general tag point requirements higher.

And don't chase draw units, you'll end up like me with 10 pts wishing you had hunted general units 4 times already!

HOT ROD

WKR
There is no way I would skip bye in a point this year just because I think I have enough points to draw a general tag now... U never no whats going to happen with point creep.... There is not a whole lot of difference between a general tag and a low point unit jmo any way...

I'm a solo (mostly), DIY, public land, Wyoming General tag hunter, and I'm not very good at it yet. I get my bull every year, and I have the best time on earth doing it. My feeling is, get the tag you hunt now...I'm not a saver for monster units. I'd rather hunt often than hunt big.

What's a "WA"?

I vote anyone with 4 points who is confident they'll draw skips buying a point this year. Save that $50. I'm at 3 and would like another general tag ASAP.

OMB

WKR
That’s the proposed tag allocation. So yes - lower chance for non residents.
IIRC, and I'm sure BuzzH will chime in at some point and confirm, elk tag allotment for non-residents is mandated at 7500 licenses no matter what, so 90/10 should not have an effect on the number of elk tags issued.