WY General or Draw elk

Definitely bi6 the point. You don’t want to lose a year if point creep goes to 4.1 points and you have 4. Regarding 90-10, it won’t take affect likely until 2023 as it is only at the TF level and hasn’t been elevated to the Legislature yet. It will decrease NR licenses from 16% to 10% for limited entry areas but the Commission requires a minimum of 7250 elk licenses be allocated to NR so more General licenses will be awarded when it takes affect. There is some very good elk hunting now with herds far above objective in most General license areas.

OP
C
Trapped in winter snow, looking over WY odds, wow, as many in "the know" most likely "Know", huge jumps in PPs from 2019,2020, 2021. I bought the point sitting on 5, couple units I was looking are beyond that in a year, even with the special. Crazy creep for sure.

Bluto

WKR
Stupid new (to WY) question. The overwhelming advice here seems to read as buy a point and go hunting. I didn’t think you could do both? I have 3 and am assuming I will have to pay the $ for the special to ensure I get a general tag. I can’t buy a point in a year where I use my points, correct?

tdhanses

WKR
Truthfully i think everyone should hold out for draw units in WY, general just aren’t worth it 😉

In reality the 90/10 will be further out then 2023 as the 90/10 is currently only probably going to be big 5 but at some point it’ll filter down and once it does and people realize their pts are worthless for draw units we’ll see a number of years of high point creep for general tags.

So either find a draw unit you can draw sooner then later or burn those pts on general and try to get another gen in the future before all those playing the draw game join the general game.