WY Late Season Rifle Elk Hunt day-by-day videos

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Part 1 of this elk hunt is now live. It is a November rifle elk hunt in Wyoming. My son had the tag. It was our annual hunt where he and I block out one week per year for hunting together. We stick to that no matter what, making it part of our calendar so that other life events don't get in our way. Some of you know the feeling of your kids growing to be independent adults and moving off to build lives of their own; you don't get to hunt every week like when they were living at home. (Note to self - some friends whose adult kids are still living at home say I should give thanks :grin:.)

My uncle Larry was supposed to join us with his tag, but due to his chemo complications, the docs wouldn't release him for this hunt. Wyoming has a cool rule that if you miss a hunt due to health issues, you can apply to reserve the tag for the following season. I hope the License Review Board grants that request and that Larry's health allows him to hunt elk next season.

Not sure why these bulls were down near their winter ranges with as little snow as was up high, but it goes to show what areas elk prefer if not for intense hunting pressure. We were joined by a Wyoming friend and guy some of you know, BuzzH. Was a great time and Buzz's experience in this unit was a big help.

- - - Updated - - -

Robby posted the Video link for me below:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrek

WKR
I’m a lot jealous ! I’ve got a great son but he doesn’t like to hunt. You’re very lucky your son loves to hunt with you.

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Part 2 - The window shopping is done; time to make a purchase.

[video=youtube_share;9chIYseHoK4]https://youtu.be/9chIYseHoK4[/video]

JA03

FNG
Great Shot! Congrats to you and your son in a great bull. Keep up with the content, I really enjoy it.