Wy muley success

OP
Rockchuck

Rockchuck

WKR
Thanks for the tip on the cut resistant gloves. I actually just picked up a set q couple days ago to add to my kill kit.
Great write up and bucks. Glad to see the cut healed well. Ive been including a pair of cut proof/resistant gloves in my kill kit for a few years now and its saved me a lot of the small nicks and cuts as well as saving what would of been a nasty cut when my bloody knife slipped and rolled into my knuckles. They aren't a 100% solution but for the cheap price and weight penalty as well as some piece of mind in the backcountry they have become an important part of my kill kit.

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
There definitely seemed to be a lack of 3-4 year old deer everywhere we scouted and hunted, but we were able to have some success.

My younger brother took his first ever 4x4 buck.
View attachment 236358View attachment 236359
A couple days later I was able to connect on one of the bucks we were hoping to see again.
View attachment 236365
View attachment 236363
View attachment 236367View attachment 236368
My brothers cruised by camp and brought in some llama power to haul the goods back out.
View attachment 236369
Look at them gnarly bases! Congratulations. Total stud!

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
One good byproduct of a hand injury is that you get to kick back and eat jerky and honey stingers while your brothers break camp and load the llamas!
View attachment 236374View attachment 236376View attachment 236377
Once "we" loaded up, we hit the trail and headed out.

A couple last shots back at the truck with 3 seriously handsome men and few slug bucks!
View attachment 236378View attachment 236379View attachment 236380
From there we headed out and grabbed some well earned pizza before heading to the sawbones to close the zipper i installed in my hand. Great trip and wish I could hunt Wyoming deer more often!
View attachment 236381View attachment 236382
Got a sweet pirate scar now too!!
View attachment 236383
The wider buck might score higher but I’d take the gnarlyness off those bases over him haha!

OP
Rockchuck

Rockchuck

WKR
Cool thing about that buck is saw him in summer scouting and he added a lot, then saw him the day before the season opened and got to watch him rub off most of his velvet that evening. I felt lucky to catch back up to him with the hunt on! His bases are gnarly! I give him a triple take still each time i walk in that room!