WY outfitter review- 2023 planning

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Doing homework for 2023 WY hunt planning. If you have first hand guided trip experience (any species hunt) with Rangeland Hunting Adventures operating near Sheridan, please message me with your reviews, references, and comments. PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY FORM OF NEGATIVE COMMENT OR REVIEW HERE. Absolutely no need or reason to publicly bash anyone here, or to name names. It’s just not that important. If you wish to offer a positive good word on them then I think that is fine. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
Go West Old Man

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
If someone has first hand experience and as a result posts a negative review I would think you’d want to know about any problems in advance. That being said the Sheridan area is very nice. Great deer hunting! Good luck!
Yes I would like to know a Rokslider’s first hand experience opinion, but I think it’s prudent to ask to be messaged if it includes negative opinions. It may have value to some to share publicly, but that is up to the individual with the first hand negative experience to chose or not to chose to start their own Rokslide thread to publicly share their opinion. Just trying to be fair, objective, & nice about my request for reviews. Thanks.

Last edited:

axeforce6

WKR
I’m going with them in October. The reason why I picked them was from the reference that I got from a guy I know that has hunted all over the world. He basically said of all the hunts he’s ever been on, they were the best. The guy I’m talking about has a trophy room that we all dream of. All of my communication with Brant and Ellen has been great. They have been very helpful. I can let you know more in a couple months.

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
Came here. Looking into WY outfitters as well. I was about to start one asking about some. To keep from having multiple threads for the same questions, any reviews would be good.
If bad, just say “I wouldn’t recommend XXXX.” Then could DM any questions or specifics.

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
Not to hijack the thread but I have looked at a few outfitters; seven J, best of the west, and Tyler Simms. I guess rangeland now as well. This would be a long and expensive trip for me and I would appreciate ANY information on outfitters in WY. Looking for mule deer and/or elk for myself and wife. I don’t want to choose the wrong outfitter out of ignorance.

axeforce6

WKR
Points is important. Elk you will need several depending on the area. I drew a Deer tag with three. I did pay extra for the special tag. I may not needed too, i'm not sure but I'm bringing my dad with me and he doesn't have any points so I got him a special tag as well and applied as a group.

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
I knew Brant for brief time quite a few years ago when I lived in Sheridan. While other outfitters in his area took as many bookings as they could, he valued long-term sustainable hunting for his outfitting business. He was a great guy then and I am sure he still is now.

V-TRAIN

WKR
I went 4 years ago with Trophy Moutian Outfitters in Wyoming, not to far from Jackson. Did a horse back wilderness, hunt, had a great time, got a nice buck, highly recommend them.