WY unit 32 camping spot

Djacker

WKR
Hey guys

I'm wondering if anyone has a favorite camping spot in unit 32 they'd be willing to share. My main camp is a wall tent set up. Bringing my wife on her first antelope hunt. Thinking of going the week after opener to avoid the crowds. Thanks

wytx

WKR
Good tag and plenty of spots to camp. It is an area with terrain so down close to a draw out of the wind on BLM or up on the rim bordering 47 and look over the whole area almost.
Casper is close for supplies, Medicine Bow has some.
Flush toilet at the rest area on Highway 487 .
After your harvest take a look around Shirley Basin, artifacts to see, teepee rings, black jade cinders to find and maybe see a black footed ferret at night. Some fishing in the area too.

zacattack

WKR
Hey guys

I'm wondering if anyone has a favorite camping spot in unit 32 they'd be willing to share. My main camp is a wall tent set up. Bringing my wife on her first antelope hunt. Thinking of going the week after opener to avoid the crowds. Thanks

Drew the same unit so I’ll be watching this thread closely.

bsfl

FNG
Drew same unit too. Looking forward to the fishing almost as much as the hunting.

wytx

WKR
Might be warmish- 60's or we could have a blizzard that closes roads for a few days. Count on some wind.
Usually get some snow but it could melt or stay around for a while.
Sorry but it could be almost any weather, layer up.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt a bit north of 32 and have hunted the oct 1 opener. last year in the course of 7 days had it as warm as 82 degrees, a day of 40-50mph winds and then a morning with about 1-2 inches of snow which made the dirt roads absolute gumbo.