WY Unit 62

jvonbank

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone,

Since dad and I didn't draw anything else out west this year, we decided to cash in our 12 points for WY unit 62 antelope licenses. Hopefully this will be a great hunt for us and dad will be able to make his first antelope a good one! We probably will plan for a full week of hunting. We both archery and rifle hunt so was thinking maybe the last few days of archery season would be a good scout/hunt before rifle opens? If any of you have hunted out there and are willing to point is in the right direction for places to camp or start our search, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Jared

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Micawber

FNG
Hey everyone,

Since dad and I didn't draw anything else out west this year, we decided to cash in our 12 points for WY unit 62 antelope licenses. Hopefully this will be a great hunt for us and dad will be able to make his first antelope a good one! We probably will plan for a full week of hunting. We both archery and rifle hunt so was thinking maybe the last few days of archery season would be a good scout/hunt before rifle opens? If any of you have hunted out there and are willing to point is in the right direction for places to camp or start our search, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Jared

How did your hunt go?

OP
jvonbank

jvonbank

Lil-Rokslider
How did your hunt go?
We had a fun hunt, lots of public land, very little hunting pressure, and tons of goats! I'm sure we easily looked over 50 different bucks a day, just couldn't turn up any real giants. My dad shot a 16.5" tall buck that was in the upper 70's. I shot a heavy buck that was pretty short and scored in the mid 70's. I'd definitely do the hunt again if it was fewer points, just don't want to wait that long to chase goats again!
b4cb87a20e49aa21bd39d9826e467fe0.jpg
33e9329c019b4050982d689926c2f047.jpg

Rackmastr

WKR
Awesome bucks!! That one of your Dads sure is tall!!!

Wife is sitting on 1 less than max points and hopeful to head down to Wyoming this year if Covid restrictions allow it!