Wy unit 79

FNG
Looking into putting in for area 79 - 9. I live in Dayton, across the mountain from the area. Is it worth trying to draw?

archp625

WKR
If I lived that close to a unit I would take a drive some Saturday and scout around. I wish I was as lucky as you. I have to drive at lease 10 hours to get to the eastern border of Wyoming.

There's lots of antelope I think, I dodge them almost every weekend driving to the mountain from greybull. Drive down red gulch always seems to be some down there. I don't remember the odds but isn't it hard to draw? Tried last year with no luck, gonna put in for down by Shoshoni this year.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Tmann1990

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of them here but it's pretty chopped up into private land. There's that 1/2 mile rule that kinda makes it difficult too.

OP

FNG
Not sure about the draw, just want to explore some new country over the mountain

BackCountryMulies

Lil-Rokslider
once was a great archery tag but 25 rifle tags took its toll. low antelope population and the trophy quality has been on a steady decline. its been my go to for almost 20 years but I have recently swapped units and started exploring other options further south. I hunted it with some family the last 2 years we ended up killing the best buck we found he was 79"

Question for you guys were from east Tn looking at applying for unit 82 under the special draw talked to the biologist he claimed plenty of antelope and the occasional big boy off the roads anyone drive through or hunted this unit before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BackCountryMulies

Lil-Rokslider
I have hunted 82 as well Tennhunter. its a fun hunt especially later in the year those goats start marching to the winter area and a guy can look over 100s a day. early on a guy can go explore up country and kill a goat above tree line. be prepared to take a long shot because they get a fair amount of pressure by the end of the season.