WY Walk In Area access question

jwatts

WKR
We're looking at an antelope unit in WY that we should draw this year. It has a good bit of BLM and state land. There are also several WIHAs in the unit. Some of these seem to have multiple places where they touch other public land, or touch public roads. I cannot find any information on what is allowed as far as accessing these properties. Do they have designated parking areas? Can you park and come in from any public road or otherwise public access point? I know other states with WIHAs have designated entry points or designated parking areas and wanted to make sure whether WY did the same thing.

Rich M

WKR
You should be able to open the regulations for those areas. They will have parking spots and you can access adjacent public land.

come2elmo

WKR
The Wyoming g&f site has info specific to each walk-in area. Click on the public access link and then walk in hunting from there. Try if from a pc. My iPad is barfing on the map/ list or I would include a link

wytx

WKR
HMA and walk in areas are updated every July.
If you have a permission slip for the HMA then you could use that access for adjacent public lands. If you do not have a permission slip for the HMA and the public land is not accessible from a public road then no go.
The Public Access link will have the rules for each HMA and walk in areas as stated. Some have designated parking areas and marked roads open for travel.

OP
jwatts

jwatts

WKR
HMA and walk in areas are updated every July.
If you have a permission slip for the HMA then you could use that access for adjacent public lands. If you do not have a permission slip for the HMA and the public land is not accessible from a public road then no go.
The Public Access link will have the rules for each HMA and walk in areas as stated. Some have designated parking areas and marked roads open for travel.

Thanks. I'll check back in July.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Be careful as some of the HMAs are draw only, or draw only for certain time periods.

Scorpion

WKR
You should confirm in the current regulations but Wyoming has specific verbiage about parking along roads. I believe you can park along the shoulder of any road for access as long as it is not an interstate.

wytx

WKR
Interstate have controlled access only at certain points, very few state highways do. Pull well off into the ditch and not along the shoulder. If you find a gate park on the pull in but don't block access through the gate.