WY Wilderness Area Rule- Non Resident

Is anyone aware of exceptions to the non-resident rule for wilderness area? I tried calling the WY DNR, but didn't hear back. I'm wondering if there is potentially a military or veteran exception to this rule for non-residents? Any info or potential workarounds would be greatly appreciated. Drawn for Region Y and would love to hunt 25 and 28.

LaHunter

WKR
Never heard of any exceptions to the WY wilderness rule for non res hunters. Either you have to hunt with a licensed guide / outfitter, or you can hunt with a WY resident, that has the free 'resident guide' form.

I’m not aware of any exception, only work around is getting a resident guide who has the appropriate paperwork through G&F.
You will not be hunting wilderness anyway for mule deer in those units.

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
None.

Funny the most conservative state in the west, biggest "govt stop protecting us from ourself", "govt mind your own business"...buuuut if you are a nonresident it's just unsafe to hunt our wilderness. You can hike, fish and camp them but once you hunt it's dangerous...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
You do have to question their motives....

You do have to question their motives....
Motive is easy, follow the money. When you can't get elected by being a republican alone follow the money to special interest, in this case the Wyoming Outfitters...

Sad but the world we live in. Unfortunately doesn't give anyone else much room to successfully combat these groups.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk