Wyo Corner Crossing JURY TAMPERING?

Btaylor

WKR
Watcha talkin’ bout? I hunt wilderness without an outfitter 🤣

It’s also kind of like certain species requiring a guide for NR hunters in AK.

Your point is taken. Living in WY doesn’t make me more capable of surviving the big bad wilderness. That law is definitely welfare for outfitters. Even if I’ve said otherwise in the past. My point of view has changed. Even though we strongly disagree about some serious stuff, I’d rather share a mountainside with you than any outfitter in the state. I doubt you’d try to pressure me off the mountain. Lots of outfitters (not all) do that. I’ve experienced it. I’ve been generally annoyed and even downright pissed off at the antics of some DIY R and NR hunters but none have tried to pressure me out of an area.
No I would be more inclined to ask which way you were hunting or if you were on a specific animal somewhere so I could continue my hunt without disturbing yours.

OP
R

redfish

FNG
When the facts are reviewed on this blatant issuing Citations to a defendant right in front of a jury pool, it appears on the surface that the County Prosecutor, County Sheriff and the circuit Judge all have dirty hands. Noriega in Panama, Castro in Cuba would even shutter over this rub it in all our faces stunt. My question to the Carbon County Wy forum members here, has that place always been a legal den of corruption? Fair trials in civilized nations do not operate this way. These people even had the balls to do it in front of Angus T. Thuermer, the WyoFile.com reporter assigned to the case. Angus T. don't miss nuttin' and has let the world know of the transpirations down there in Rawlins

WCB

WKR
I don’t view that as any different than any other attempt to block the public from public land. I can do most things on my property up to the point of harming the surrounding public.
So now you are preventing the landowner from using their property....so now you want zoning laws in rural areas where a fence or structure needs to be a certain distance from the line?

Now a corner post with a chain across I agree but just two posts 100% legally on my property you think that is wrong?

So now you are preventing the landowner from using their property....so now you want zoning laws in rural areas where a fence or structure needs to be a certain distance from the line?

Now a corner post with a chain across I agree but just two posts 100% legally on my property you think that is wrong?
Yes

OP
R

redfish

FNG

Fair question, WCB. But...in a corner situation where your parcels of land corner-connect with the BLM, if you were to construction something, even 100% on your property that would hinder access to the other 2 parcels of BLM, that would be considered obstructing access, which would be a Federal no-no and I think punished by $,1000 penalty. The 1885 Public Land Inclosures Act covers this. Again, I do know where you're coming from.

OP
R

redfish

FNG
I should add that the 2 posts w/no trespassing signs...along with the piece of chain strewn over the BLM in the Elk Mountain Ranch situation, should be an automatic $1,000 fine to the landowner. All laws should be enforced, even for rich fat cats. So far, the Feds have been silent

What a funny conundrum. Dont like the idea of preventing a guy from using the extent of their property to install say a fenceline.

But some guy putting a post in the ground for the sole purpose of forcing people using public land to brush up against it so they can then be charged with trespassing? 'Spose the someone did the same on the sidewalk next to school and pressed charges on any kid whos clothes dared touch it? ridiculous.

Rich M

WKR
Rich M., at risk of offending you, let me just say you're ignorant of the whole corner cross situations. "Regulations"?? Who's regulationrs? And a game warden told you that ya can't corner cross? They'll give you a ticket (the gw will) in Wyoming? Check this memo that was issued to Wyoming Game & Fish from the WY Attny general: https://www.wyoleg.gov/InterimCommittee/2019/01-2019060313-04Trespass-CornerCrossing.pdf
No offense taken.

Yes - have seen the memo before - Buzz provided it.

You gotta understand that I was specifically told by the unit LEO that corner crossing is illegal and he would ticket me. As a NR who travels 1/2 way across the country when I hunt WY, it just isn't worth the risk.

This is an big topic cause a lot of folks just want a little reassurance and they'll be on it. And I understand that.

Hopefully, there will be some real clarity on the matter.

Why don't the 90/10 guys hop on this too? WY seems open to changing some regulations, why not see if they can be pressed into making a formal statement about corner hopping. Gonna need to be someone high enough on the food chain that it won't get "erased" by the governor or someone else with more authority. If not, gonna need more folks to keep sacrificing themselves to the courts til the courts start hollering at the attorney general. It did move thru the system pretty quickly.

Rich M

WKR
What a funny conundrum. Dont like the idea of preventing a guy from using the extent of their property to install say a fenceline.

But some guy putting a post in the ground for the sole purpose of forcing people using public land to brush up against it so they can then be charged with trespassing? 'Spose the someone did the same on the sidewalk next to school and pressed charges on any kid whos clothes dared touch it? ridiculous.

Aren't they supposed to fence the property cause of cows or something like that? Someone was trying to explain that to me the other day - line fencing or somehting?

Q child

WKR
I understand that you're frustrated, but I guarantee this is not a new low. Not new. And also not the low.

WCB

WKR
Fair question, WCB. But...in a corner situation where your parcels of land corner-connect with the BLM, if you were to construction something, even 100% on your property that would hinder access to the other 2 parcels of BLM, that would be considered obstructing access, which would be a Federal no-no and I think punished by $,1000 penalty. The 1885 Public Land Inclosures Act covers this. Again, I do know where you're coming from.
Not true...If I construct a fence line to keep livestock in I can not be charged sorry.
I should add that the 2 posts w/no trespassing signs...along with the piece of chain strewn over the BLM in the Elk Mountain Ranch situation, should be an automatic $1,000 fine to the landowner. All laws should be enforced, even for rich fat cats. So far, the Feds have been silent
As I stated a chain, barrier etc 100% agree.

What if I put the post in the ground with no trespassing signs....100% on my property? Is that not reasonable to post your property?....What I am getting at is what Wyobohunter and others want and that is to essentially seize private property. My example is reasonable use of property...is it not reasonable for a landowner when adjacent or adjoining public ground (or another landowners ground) to mark his/her property boundaries? Now people like Wyobohunter want to tell landowners there fence has to be marked X feet off the property lines? for a square mile section at 10ft set back you are around 5 acres of land said landowner now has outside his fence. That could be a cow/calf pair of land. now add that up over a few sections and it adds up.

Also to mark the property for set back would you not have to drive a stake or post? I am in agreement that corner hoping should be legal BUT there are a LOT of details that need to be worked out and the all out no matter what people should be able to climb all over fences or landowners shouldn't be allowed to use the full extent of their property is complete B.S.

WCB

WKR
Aren't they supposed to fence the property cause of cows or something like that? Someone was trying to explain that to me the other day - line fencing or somehting?
I mean yes to keep your animals on your property you have to fence your property. Many ranches that also hold the grazing rights to the adjacent/connecting public do not fence it off as their animals are allowed on that property.

My example is reasonable use of property...is it not reasonable for a landowner when adjacent or adjoining public ground (or another landowners ground) to mark his/her property boundaries?
Reasonable use of property would not include suing or expecting charges to be filed because someone may have brushed up against your post or, 😱 waved an arm above your land for a second. This landowner and others of his ilk are not doing things to be reasonable. If they were there would be no issue and we wouldn’t be discussing this case. There would be no case. If this were actually about him protecting his property from damage I’d be sympathetic. It is about him claiming our property as his own.

If the feds ever take up a collection to help pay for corner to corner helicopter footbridge installation in key spots I’d be happy to spend some of my money on it. I’d be even happier if they bought one less (insert wasted tax money of your choice here) to pay for it.

Last edited:
Personally I would probably put in sucker rod ladders to protect my fences. Or ask landowner if I could donate some to help protect his fences.

Interesting watching from a far with no skin in game though