Wyoming 120 - Cow Elk

ckswall

FNG
Finally drew my first elk tag after years of trying. It's a type 6 cow elk tag in Wyoming unit 120. I spoke with a biologist in the area earlier this week and got some great insight on where to look for herds of elk and even some info on trespass fees/private land access.

My one concern is that he did mention that they increased the number of tags for this unit considerably this year and that some of the areas I had been e-scouting were popular destinations for other hunters.

Anyone have any unconventional areas to look for cow elk in this unit? Just trying to think outside the box for places to go (Not looking to steal any spots) but hoping some discussion here might help get me out of the tunnel vision I feel like I already have looking at the map.

Laramie

WKR
Popular destinations are popular for a reason... Use the other hunters activities to your advantage.

Rlshrum

FNG
Congratulations!!!

I drew an any elk tag in Wyoming’s Unit 45 (Bighorns) after 14 years of applying… I have an ace in the hole as my closest hunting buddy has a small ranch very near our Unit.

We are looking for a wall tent camp (for 2-4 hunters) to rent - any ideas or connections? Or know someone that would? We can either pick it up in Denver or Cody. Our hunt will be from 10/12-10/23 this year. Thanks in advance for for your help!!