Wyoming 2 points

Hun10-freak

Lil-Rokslider
So I have 2 nonresident points for elk in Wyoming and I'm looking for advice. I would have a good chance to get a general tag this year if I apply. I don't mind holding out a few more years for a better tag but I can't seem to find a unit that takes 5-6 points. I'm pretty torn on what to do. I would love some info if anyone is willing to share. PM me if you can.

Thanks

Trial153

WKR
Took two for a gen tag in the regular draw. Put in for it and go hunt.

OP
Hun10-freak

Hun10-freak

Lil-Rokslider
I'm pretty confident I would draw but is there a tag a few years out that's worth waiting for?

cnelk

WKR
Last year 2 PPs was 57% in the regular draw.

I would expect this year to be worse

OP
Hun10-freak

Hun10-freak

Lil-Rokslider
True, Is there a tag worth waiting for that doesn't take 10 years?

- - - Updated - - -

Grizzlies are scary but I would still hunt units with them

rcfireninja

Lil-Rokslider
No your not gonna catch up with point creep for better units. Looking at stats there are over 10,000 people with 2 points and 20,000 with 1. Best advice for Wyoming imo is getting a general tag as often as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
What rc said. 7 years ago a friend of mine called and told me to start buying points. He'd hunted a new unit and had a great hunt and it only took 3 points to be guaranteed a tag. I have 7 points and the unit in question now takes 11 to even be in the game, you'll need 12 to be guaranteed a tag.

Go hunting, sitting on 7 points been applying for 4 years to a unit and every year I have 100% odds according to all the experts. . . Point creep gets me every time and I just can't justify the price of the special draw for a so so unit

Thomas11

WKR
Yelp WY has experienced the worst point creep of any western state in my opinion in the last 2-3 yrs. every limited draw unit has gone up literally 2-6 points it seems. I’d draw general and go hunt if I were u 100%

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have 3 points in WY and i'm putting in for the draw and going hunting. I'm not gonna wait for an LE unit when I can have several good hunts while guys are waiting on one chance.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have 4 points in Wyoming. There's only one unit with poor access that interests me where I can draw in the regular pool, the special pool opens up a couple more units.

More than likely, I'm going to apply in the general if I want to get out of Colorado this year. It doesn't seem worthwhile to wait much longer. I'll never see a 10 point unit and what took 5 this year could very well be 6 before I get there.

My research criteria has basically been being able to draw and hunt both archery and rifle. But I'm not spending $1,000 for a tag to have crowded access. The more I think about it, the more I wish I had got a general two years ago.

Saving my points for a limited entry area. Your gonna be crowded on the general tag, no different than colorado

wytx

WKR
Saving my points for a limited entry area. Your gonna be crowded on the general tag, no different than colorado

I would disagree, way less pressure than OTC in Colorado. Just depends on where you hunt.
Still a chance to draw a great tag in the random part of the draw.
Some decent general areas without grizzlies. We saw more folks in our LQ area this past fall than we did in a general area the year before that borders it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
There's nowhere near the pressure in WY than in Colorado, especially if you aren't afraid of hunting in units with bears. Wyoming doesn't have a free for all with tags like CO does.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

204guy

WKR
Everybody but cnelk, seems to be overlooking the fact that 2 points in the regular draw is going to be somewhere <30% odds. Unless you do special odds are you'll not be getting a general tag. Next year 3 points won't guarantee a general tag. You'll never catch LQ unit.