Wyoming 2020 deadline

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but is there anywhere on the forum that list the deadlines and websites for each state? Like one sticky/thread that you can reference for all info needed on dates and deadlines?

Trial153

WKR
I apologize if this is a dumb question, but is there anywhere on the forum that list the deadlines and websites for each state? Like one sticky/thread that you can reference for all info needed on dates and deadlines?
Go to Topruts home page.

TheCougar

WKR
Previous thread on this musta been deleted, can't find it. How am I supposed to keep my post count up?

Edit: Found it. Not sure how to post a link on Taptalk but it's there. Buzz & wapitibob lay it all out. See old J-dubuah got himself banned.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Good Lord, I just read that thread. I learned a lot about the rule changes and also about petty bickering and name calling. Now I get why Ryan put out a thread warning everyone not to be dicks to each other. Bummer about the Jan 31 app deadline and the May draw date, but at least you can cancel your application up until the May draw. As a NR, I’m just happy they didn’t lower tag allocations. I’m also sure that when I hunt in WY, I’m not going to use an outfitter. Between this and the wilderness rule, I’m not a fan of the WYOGA behavior, at least as I understand it.

Forest

WKR
So if you cancel your application before the draw, do you get a full refund?? Get a bonus point for next year??

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

TheCougar

WKR
So if you cancel your application before the draw, do you get a full refund?? Get a bonus point for next year??

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I believe you get the full refund, minus the processing fee and your PP if you purchased one.

Section 26. Withdrawal or Modification of Application, Refund of License Fees and Reissuance of Certain Licenses. Licenses, permits, stamps, tags, preference points or competitive raffle chances issued under Title 23, Wyoming Statutes or this regulation become the permanent property of the licensee and shall not be canceled or any fee refunded after the license, permit, stamp, tag, preference point or competitive raffle chance(s) has been issued, except as specified in this section or otherwise as set forth in Commission regulation.
(a) A request for a voluntary withdrawal of an application before a drawing shall be accepted through the ELS by the date indicated in Section 20(d) and (e) for the initial drawing, and by the application closing date for the leftover drawing.

Section 20 lists the date to withdraw or change elk as 8 May 2020. I was too lazy to check what happens to your points, but I would assume you keep your points if you purchased one. If not, WY let’s you buy PP later in the summer, if memory serves me right.

All your answers can be found here:

Fatcamp

WKR
I believe the change was not at the request of outfitters, but rather because G&F used to issue NR tags prior to season setting meetings in April. So, now the tags will be issued after they have a "hard" number on quotas for each individual unit. NR get a certain percentage of the quota, so the change is meant to make sure elk tags get allocated properly.

The best part is we get to apply for tags that don't even have quotas set. How many tags will be issued? Who knows? Who cares? At least we now know it's fair to those underprivileged resident elk hunters in Wyoming. 😀

NoWiser

WKR
The funny thing about all the NR ire directed towards WY is that literally all the "bad" policy is a direct result of wyoga, who caters to, wait for it...NR's.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Close. They cater to the “Guided Nonresident.” They couldn’t care less about the DIY NRs.

Every state has its good and bad when it comes to their draw system. Do I like the early app deadline? No. Is it worth pissing and moaning about? No.

It is worth pissing and moaning about if one had built points under the belief one system would persist and then that system changed with no offer of refund or recourse.

I’m maybe just to the point where I could swing hiring an outfitter but I now sure won’t ever do it in Wyoming.

wapitibob

WKR
Results will be May 21

And, you do not get a point with your unsuccessful app. Those are only purchased during the point only app period, which has now expired.

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR
The best part is we get to apply for tags that don't even have quotas set. How many tags will be issued? Who knows? Who cares? At least we now know it's fair to those underprivileged resident elk hunters in Wyoming. 😀

It's also fair to underprivileged nr who got shorted because quotas went up after licenses were issued. Then there was the issue of removing the archery option from type 1 licenses after those licenses had been issued.

I want to know about my license just because I sleep better after I see the word Successful in the draw results. I’m not happy about waiting so long to be sure of my plans. Other than for elk or deer I’m a terrible waiter.

But as far as having an affect on my other apps that’s not a problem. I can get my Wyoming app in and if I want to I can apply for a hard to draw permit in Montana and know those draw results in time to withdraw my Wyoming app if I draw the MT tag. I like that.

Well what’s the material difference between applying in January and holding your money till June or just applying in May if you can cancel? Outfitters don’t need the application system to strike contracts with clients.

cnelk

WKR
Since this is the 'ELK' forum - I saved many of you some time going thru the Regulation link listed above - see below for some very good info.

Elk. A total license limit of seven thousand two hundred-fifty (7,250) nonresident elk licenses shall be made available to nonresident applicants in the initial drawing each year. Reduced price cow/calf elk licenses and limited quota elk licenses remaining after the initial drawing may be made available to nonresidents in addition to the limit of seven thousand two hundred fifty (7,250). Sixteen percent (16%) of the total available limited quota full price 44-15 and reduced price cow/calf elk licenses shall initially be offered to nonresidents in the nonresident elk initial drawing. The order of the nonresident elk initial drawings described in this section shall be Nonresident Landowner Licenses, Nonresident Special Licenses, and then Nonresident Regular Licenses. Following the Nonresident Landowner License Drawing, licenses available in the initial drawing from the seven thousand two hundred-fifty (7,250) limit shall be allocated as follows: The allocation of remaining licenses after the nonresident landowner drawing shall be forty percent (40%) to the Nonresident Special License Drawing and sixty percent (60%) to the Nonresident Regular License Drawing. If the seven thousand two hundred-fifty (7,250) license quota is not issued in the initial nonresident drawings, the Department may achieve the seven thousand two hundred-fifty (7,250) license quota by issuing nonresident general elk licenses. Licenses remaining for limited quota areas resulting from this procedure may be made available in the resident elk initial drawing. (A) The Department shall allocate not less than seventy-five percent (75%) of the available Special and Regular Nonresident elk licenses to a preference point drawing in the initial drawing. The order of the nonresident elk preference point drawing shall allow individual applicants with the highest number of preference points to be given a drawing advantage for the total number of available licenses to be issued in accordance with this section; then the applicants with the next highest number of preference points shall be selected, and so forth, until the quota has been filled for all first choice selections. The Department shall allocate up to twenty-five percent (25%) of the available nonresident elk licenses to a random drawing in the initial drawing in which all unsuccessful applicants from the preference point drawing shall be placed. The preference point drawing advantage shall only apply to an applicant’s first choice selection. All unsuccessful applicants in the preference point drawing shall participate in the respective random drawing for all remaining choices, giving no advantage to applicants with preference points. (I) In addition to the restrictions set forth in Section 18 of this Chapter, party applications with differing number of preference points among party members shall have preference points averaged and rounded out to four (4) decimal places. (B) Following the nonresident elk initial drawing, quotas for resident limited quota full priced and reduced price cow/calf elk licenses shall be the greater of the elk quotas established by Commission regulation less any elk licenses currently issued to nonresidents or eighty-four (84%) percent of the quota established by Commission regulation in the initial drawing. The order of the resident elk initial drawings depicted in this section shall be Resident Landowner Licenses, then Resident Regular Licenses. (C) Elk licenses that have not been applied for and issued through the initial and leftover drawings shall be offered to residents and nonresidents as issue-after licenses. (D) An applicant may only apply for and receive the maximum number of full price antlerless and reduced price cow/calf elk licenses as specified in Chapter 2, General Hunting Regulation. Reduced price pioneer cow/calf elk licenses shall be made available for sale through the ELS. In addition to the statutorily prescribed application fees, the price of 44-16 reduced price cow/calf elk licenses shall be forty-three dollars ($43) for residents, twenty dollars ($20) for resident youth, five dollars ($5) for resident pioneers, twenty-seven dollars ($27) for pioneer heritage, two hundred eighty-eight dollars ($288) for nonresidents and one hundred dollars ($100) for nonresident youth. (E) Resident general elk licenses shall not be limited in number and shall be issued through the ELS. General elk licenses may also be applied for and issued through the initial drawings by submitting a completed application

N2TRKYS

WKR
If I were y’all, I would boycott the Wyoming draw next year(specifically elk) and show them that y’all mean business.

On a totally unrelated note, I’m hoping to take my Dad on his first ever Western big game hunt(elk) and we don’t have any points in Wyoming.

Yeah everyone ban Wyoming, Montana and Colorado elk draws. Show them you mean business.

WY- boycott those bastards for outfitter welfare and the ridiculous duration between application deadline and drawing.

CO- Show those hippies who pays the bills by not buying any tags until they kill this wolf reintroduction nonsense (actually saw this recommendation today)

MT- boycott the damn FWP for being in bed with ranchers and declaring war on elk for 6 months a year!

UT- God damned flatbill instabros. Public land stealin, corrupt tag sellin bastards. Won’t see a dime of mine.

NM- more outfitter and landowner welfare, they can get bent!

NV-
2befad5a5a1aa1635bfc3c2c6edadd36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: