Wyoming 2020 Guidance

jolmaco

FNG
Looking for a little assistance on some areas in se wy and west central wy. I will be drawing my first archery elk general and have my son coming to call (he's 14). I've been hunting co last 3 years and looking on some help to make this one count. Would like to avoid grizz. We hunt and camp off our backs. Have some spots picked out but would like to bounce them off someone with more experience.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
will probably take 3 points each to draw GEN, you will like Wy better than OTC Colorado.

OP
jolmaco

jolmaco

FNG
I will be the only one drawing. I have 3 points. My son has 1 currently. I am very excited to take a break from CO. Hopefully we can get a bull this year since it would really make it a special to put a bull down with my son since it will be his first experience in the elk woods.

I would recommend finding public land in the general units you plan on hunting, get a solid list of questions about those areas for biologists in said area (not..."where should I go?" but rather "I'm looking at this area specifically, I noticed _______, will that affect elk in this area?" Game wardens can be helpful too.

OP
jolmaco

jolmaco

FNG
Thanks I am trying to dial in my areas a little better I'm hoping to have a little better experience than CO which is getting very crowded as everyone knows. Last year was probably double the amount of hunters I have seen previous years.

Thanks I am trying to dial in my areas a little better I'm hoping to have a little better experience than CO which is getting very crowded as everyone knows. Last year was probably double the amount of hunters I have seen previous years.

If you draw, and put in the work, it will be a great hunt. You'll hear a lot of "its going to be crowded etc." but know that theres a reason everyone keeps applying for the general tag in WY

OP
jolmaco

jolmaco

FNG
I appreciate the feedback I had been hearing that and it makes a guy question certain areas. The hardest thing I have when scouting is trying to figure out where the crowds are not. There is so much info out now a days that it can lead everyone to the same spot.