Wyoming 90/10 for elk

Maybe with all the talk about guys just moving here and meeting the minimum requirement so they can hunt. It's time wyoming starts looking at resident requirements if your going to use wyoming valuable resources is surely worth more then 6months a year I think this is a spot where I could be in favor of 90 10. If you want resident hunting privileges its got to be your primary residence 90 percent of the year.......
90/10 and transferable tags which once the smoke settles thats where this is going to wind up

Ralphie

WKR
Doubt states care if someone moves or gains residency just to hunt and fish, In theory they’ll bring in more cash for the state and economy then they would if they were a resident of another state, many people don’t live in one place full time, been that way for many years.
Whoa, whoa. I thought it was the non residents that bring in so much money we can’t live without them.😀

On another topic and this was mentioned on this thread already. I’m really not trying to quote that person, more that it just brought the subject to mind. But if some of you are already living somewhere because it’s close to your wife’s family. And you are thinking about moving for hunting. Tread carefully my friends.

Again maybe this isn’t a problem for the poster who mentioned it, but I’ve seen moving momma away from her momma be a skosh of an issue for a few.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm mistaken. Did I read a post you are moving to west Virginia?
yup we are the west has lost its appeal and the waterfowl hunting and upland game is much better
we ar just awaiting for the contractor to finish construction of our log home ( spring of 2023 ) then we sell the ranch here in montana
and head east out side of visiting family around the holidays we won't be back until the family ranch is passed to my wife and even then that will be just long enough to meet with the realtor
to market it just no longer enjoy the west

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
Whoa, whoa. I thought it was the non residents that bring in so much money we can’t live without them.😀

On another topic and this was mentioned on this thread already. I’m really not trying to quote that person, more that it just brought the subject to mind. But if some of you are already living somewhere because it’s close to your wife’s family. And you are thinking about moving for hunting. Tread carefully my friends.

Again maybe this isn’t a problem for the poster who mentioned it, but I’ve seen moving momma away from her momma be a skosh of an issue for a few.
Thank goodness for good women, now my ex would fit into this category.

Doubt states care if someone moves or gains residency just to hunt and fish, In theory they’ll bring in more cash for the state and economy then they would if they were a resident of another state, many people don’t live in one place full time, been that way for many years.
the majority still do live in one place year round

Grew up in ohio and hunted west virginia. In Minnesota for 30 years. My family still hunts down there in the "wild and wonderful" . Beautiful state with hills and hollers and hardwoods. Gonna get some heat and humidity. Did some of my training in Montana years ago and have hunted Wyoming. Looked at moving west just couldn't wrap my head around low wages and high cost of living vs just visiting. Minnesota is a happy medium to be in Midwest yet not to far from mountains. Cost of living and land prices in wva is dirt cheap compared to west. Good luck on the venture

Grew up in ohio and hunted west virginia. In Minnesota for 30 years. My family still hunts down there in the "wild and wonderful" . Beautiful state with hills and hollers and hardwoods. Gonna get some heat and humidity. Did some of my training in Montana years ago and have hunted Wyoming. Looked at moving west just couldn't wrap my head around low wages and high cost of living vs just visiting. Minnesota is a happy medium to be in Midwest yet not to far from mountains. Cost of living and land prices in wva is dirt cheap compared to west. Good luck on the venture
you forgot the ticks and skeeters and black flies

we have already bought the property and went to close just waiting on the log home to be finished
30% cheaper cost of living over all compared to the national average. long seasons liberal deer harvest (8 or 10 a season depending on county stretched out over bow rifle muzzy and anterless) decent upland game and better weather then montana and montana thinks their season is liberal
and harvest to high they would lose their minds with wv bag limit on deer

Last edited:

go_deep

WKR
I get what you’re saying and just a few weeks ago we had roofs blown off homes and trees falling on homes, it happens but isn’t an everyday occurrence that a roof is blown off a house anywhere.

Are average weekly wind gusts are called hurricanes in other states.

FlyGuy

WKR
I saw a docu-drama TV show about wyoming. It was called "The Case of Corner Crossing in Carbon County ". It looked like everyone had an exciting life. It starred Stormy Daniels as a DA, Christopher Walken as an evil non resident land baron from north carolina . 4guys from Missouri and a guy named Buzz.

Hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FlyGuy

WKR
Wyoming is 38th in graduation rate, 39th is student safety, 44th in AP Exam Scores, 40th in bullying & sexual harassments rate, and 36th in ACT scores. There are bunch of other metrics but in general the public schools in Wyoming aren't great. I didn't know that growing up there but as I have travelled the country quite a bit, the deficiencies are pretty glaring imo. That said, how good a school is really depends on the student imo.

I grew up in Louisiana, so this is all a huge improvement for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider

When they cut the NR tag allocation in half, and double the NR license fees it's a wash for WY. Plus the additional income tax they'll rake in for forcing half of the NR tagholders to hire a guide. It's a financial "WIN" for WY. :-(

Laramie

WKR
When they cut the NR tag allocation in half, and double the NR license fees it's a wash for WY. Plus the additional income tax they'll rake in for forcing half of the NR tagholders to hire a guide. It's a financial "WIN" for WY. :-(
There is sales tax but no income tax - pretty minimal compared to the lost revenue of 10% tag sales. Tag prices haven't been adjusted yet either but I do expect an increase - however double is not likely.

LostArra

WKR
There is sales tax but no income tax - pretty minimal compared to the lost revenue of 10% tag sales. Tag prices haven't been adjusted yet either but I do expect an increase - however double is not likely.

No sales tax on groceries or prescriptions.

This thread is nothing but speculation. I can’t keep up with the BS. I assume you people get paid to comment on here? I’ll just wait until it’s a done deal and then decide what to do.

velvetfvr

WKR
I just want to know why states prop up the outfitters so much? Is it because someone who will book with an outfitter is more likely to pay more for a tag and spend more in their local economy than a DIY guy? Like are they trying to bring in a niche of hunters that want to burn more money?