Wyoming Antelope Hunt

Dunndm

WKR
Sorry OP, but just curious on what units you saw that are open for antelope for rifle? I cannot find anything for any units saying before oct 1 antelope are open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baz77

WKR
Sorry OP, but just curious on what units you saw that are open for antelope for rifle? I cannot find anything for any units saying before oct 1 antelope are open

I doubt he's going to post the exact unit but damn near half the state opens up for rifle on the 25th of sept. some even sooner.

Dunndm

WKR
I doubt he's going to post the exact unit but damn near half the state opens up for rifle on the 25th of sept. some even sooner.

Very true… any chance you know how to check if there is any OTC antelope tags left for any zones?

Laramie

WKR

1663704446126.png

Literally half the state opens either Sept 15, Sept 20, or Sept 24th. The days of OTC or leftover antelope tags are gone forever. The population has declined drastically and the demand is higher than it has ever been. It takes several years of preference points to draw an any antelope tag and even a little luck just to draw a doe tag in an area with public land.

CC11

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on a sweet goat and thanks for the writeup! Been living vicariously your post, looking forward to getting out there next year

View attachment 454121

Literally half the state opens either Sept 15, Sept 20, or Sept 24th. The days of OTC or leftover antelope tags are gone forever. The population has declined drastically and the demand is higher than it has ever been. It takes several years of preference points to draw an any antelope tag and even a little luck just to draw a doe tag in an area with public land.

You’re nicer than I would’ve been. Just a cursory glance at the regs and he could’ve answered his own question. Some people can’t be helped

I hunt deer with my granddaughter have done so since she was 10 years old, first legal deer is hers. As to Antelope preperation shooting and range time is the key for a younger hunter. I wanted her to go along to Wyoming for antelope but at the time she was in college. I Also hunt rabbits with my best friend and his grandsons for years never loaded the shotgun kept one boy on each side of me with there grandfather on one side of the line, the youngest boy just graduated fron the Navy boot camp at great lakes wrote him at least once a week when he wrote back it was about missing hunting for a while, it was there hunt. Nothing passive or agressive about it, learn them young and instill the hunter instinct and you have a hunting buddy for the rest of your life. perhaps her turn is next I hope so for her.